Tick, no tick, tick

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atf in oil before my last change has almost eliminated it amd it's seems to be getting better each day now, it would seem then that my tick was sticking lifter or valve noise.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same tick. I replaced all the lifters, sealed everything in the exhaust, verified timing, replaced rockers, push rods, and new injectors was still there. I just got a new Omega moose because of a turbo upgrade and the tick went away immediately. My old pump still worked but I had blown the shaft seal (leaked oil out the weep hole) and the reason I replaced it. My only guess is that a worn pump maybe loses some timing between the varying cylinders as it fires and creates incorrect timing on that cylinder (or cylinders). I dunno.

All the stuff I did replace I was happy i did anyway because they needed it after 170k miles but it was frustrating that nothing worked.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pumps new, injectors new, timing set, r and d performance stuff. I'm guessing my valves sticking a little from the build up and that's why my tick got better with atf flush I think

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA glad it worked out...mine drove me nuts for a bit hunting and hunting!