Tick, no tick, tick

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I made a video driving with the phone closer to the motor sorta actually dropped it but it recorded a good bit, it's making the noise in this video, when not making it my engine is much quieter(is timed well) it's almost needed to hear it in person it's hard to pick up the noise with my phone

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't hear anything out of the norm. These engines are notorious for making all kinds of noise, including ticking sounds. I wouldn't worry about any of it.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably nothing major yet maybe ill haven typ4 listen to it when I buy another part from him lol it doesn't sound bad it just sounds like something is gonna need attention at some point

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
do you have any oil leaks or oil consumption? Is your oil dipstick seated all the way, or is it sticking out a bit?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil leaks a ton probably 2 quarts a week that's on another thread though, it's coming from top of dipstick and back top passenger side motor but tick seems to be driver side maybe

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil leaks a ton probably 2 quarts a week
That's not an oil leak, that's the Ford Rust Prevention System(tm)!

Seriously though, if it's leaking 2 quarts, everything under the truck should be very oily. If not, it's probably leaking a relatively small amount, and burning the rest.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil all the way to the rear axle, it's not burning it lol just got off work its so bad right now that it's colder out, as a forgotten note if I drive for a while like 30 minutes plus it usually goes away

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put a bottle of Lucas oil stabil in it, much less often ticks as bad. It's not a fix but hopefully it will help protect things intill I can, it actually sounds like passenger side #1 or 2 cylinder is the ticker

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still doing the same ticks sometimes and sometimes not as much almost seems a little less as of recent, weather is a lot cooler now freezing at night, idk if that has anythjng to do with it. Also having to keep truck just around town as I got a hole in my radiator and I'm saving money to buy a front clip so I can go to the tall skinny radiator style instead of my wide one for intercooler installation

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online