Thunder Pickle down!

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Boost came up passing a rig up a grade, I heard a "pop" and I am now without oil filler cap. I'm still steaming ahead, no parts stores located by gps. I am east of kingman on the 40 eastbound, can anyone tell me where I need to head to get a cap at this hour? Anyone in the area have one to sell. 951 795 0027

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! Not good news. At least that popped and not a head gasket. How is your crankcase being ventilated? RDT or CDR valve, are you sure the RDT is big enough? I doubt much is going to get hurt if you have to drive it awhile sans oil cap. Hope you can find a parts store,s ome should still be open as it's only 7:38 where you are.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
look for a walmart.They might have them.....or maybe a lowe's and throw a clean out plug on it to keep grunge out.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was checking blow by once and dropped it into the fan blade, I ran with the non sealer for awhile but it's an easy to come by replacement. Advance and Discount, O'reilys, Schucks, Kragen all should have it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iirc you're SOL until you get to flagstaff. you have two choices.
one. go back to Kingman and get off at the RT66 junc and head northwest to the flying J stop.
two. if you have some rags and duct tape, plug the opening with the rag and tape it down with duct tape. (this is what I would do until the next stop)
good luck.
i must have the wrong cell info on my instamapper. I'm getting some flyboy playing around at the US/Mex broder at the edge of space.
lookie at this info.....:eek:

Last position

2010-08-18 19:42:00
(9 minutes ago)

N 31.86046°
W 112.76316°

Altitude: 59109 ft
Speed: 578 mph
Heading: 100°

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your SOL unless you flip around back to kingman then you might find one at a napa checkers or auto zone I would just find something to put over it to keep crud out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online