Three T's of Diesel engines

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a brain fart I had whilst I was viewing one of these TINY Kubota engines for my Muscateer

http://youtu.be/jEES2o6M5hQ

The three T's of diesels

TUNE and TIME

TURN up PUMP

TURBO CHARGE

So...Tune in, Turn up, Turbo charge is now my mantra:rotflmao

Thus I wonder what if anything can be done to that little engine ZB600C-1 Kubota. It specs out to 570 CC, 14Hp max at 3200 11 Hp running at 3200, no idea how that works???:confused: So can it be turned up to 3600 RPM? Can it be turned up to 16+ Hp and is there a turbo that can make it MOPOWERFUL LOL

It is apparently an IDI as well woo hoo!!!

Anyway

TUNE
TURN
TURBO

And be happy guys!

Al

85_IDI_4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on pirate4x4 who take a little engine like that from a ****** and made a motorcycle. He put a turbo on it, bored it out, turned up the fuel and rpms. I think his username is deathmachinefab. He has built several different ones
Here is a link to one of his videos http://youtu.be/KAr391NvGsA

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
To increase the max RPM you will need to find out about the governor spring.

Max torque is starting with no load once loaded it will be 11hp. Like a power tool.:D

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The 1st gen of turbo Mitsubishi eclipse's had a really small turbo.

I've seen all kinds of YouTube videos with small engines turbo'd. Even push mowers.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bike is soo soooo cool I would so ride that thanks for posting that it's inspirational.

Now governer spring....what you talkin bout Willis? ;Poke ...Power tools run by diesel -Drool

Ya seen some teeny ones around, did a fleabay search,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbocharge...Parts_Accessories&hash=item41754032df&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbocharge...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2edca658&vxp=mtr

TD02 one, but is that too big a turbo for 570 cc of RAW diesel engine! LOL I don't know, and of course there's Crapnese knock off's too for far less $$$

Regardless, this is all in a theoretical state right now as I'm not 100% certain it is the right engine for the application. It does however provide me with gumption to search further.

Seeing as these engines where used on refers my guess, is that there is room to move on HP and RPM as the engines designed for long term sustained use. Hmmm....makes ya wonder...LOL

85_IDI_4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow wicked builds especially that last one, OMG I wanna build a bike now...wonder bout a dirt bike? LOL

Regardless, that just hammers home that ya, it could be tuned up turned up and turbo'd and make more power, how much more only a dyno can tell LOL and I'm not thinking there is a six wheeler dyno anywhere close by LOL

I'm still thinking cause of the HARD cold start issues with it that I've been told about.

It is an IDI and thus somewhat more difficult to start, but wow, one would think good glow plugs, good fuel, no air leaks and good battery and it should start like not too bad...who knows.

Me thinks it's time to see if in the heat of summer it can be made to run cause if so, that's a bonus to hear it!

Thanks for those links.

Al

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thus I wonder what if anything can be done to that little engine ZB600C-1 Kubota. It specs out to 570 CC, 14Hp max at 3200 11 Hp running at 3200, no idea how that works???:confused: So can it be turned up to 3600 RPM? Can it be turned up to 16+ Hp and is there a turbo that can make it MOPOWERFUL LOL

Al

I am a member at tractorbynet and a few members there have done some cool mods to Kubota diesels - tractors and RTV's - including adding turbos. Might want to have a look at some of the projects there. My handle on TBN is mwb.