Those who run waste oil

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had any noticable results from running sea foam or any other stuff like that through their tank?

also if you are running waste oil. what kind of other additional maintenence do you do in addition to the regular interval stuff?

i will change my fuel filters every oil change. other than that, i'm not sure what else to do

thanks

trucknorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bigger question you should ask yourself is how or who prepared the waste oil? I personally don't know anything about running waste oil, but have a lot of experience making the waste oil, as in, changing the oil on all my vehicles. Depending what the oil comes out of, it could be contaminated with particles, water, orange juice, lumps, chunks from cleaning parts in the waste oil pan, bugs, dirt, and god knows what. It will make a big difference what maintenance you will have to do in the long run.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll run a 25% mix of fresh ATF once a year to feel a little better on getting some of the coke out of the precups. not sure if it really helps or not.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had a half tank of 2yr old diesel, I poured a whole bottle of seafoam into it just to see what it would do.
I havent noticed a diffrence.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my fuel filters actually seem to last longer on my WO. I'm currently running cutting oil and absolutely love it. There is a decent size hill between my house and town. I always hit the hill ******* the way home ( incline side) to help clear things out. I switch to diesel about 3/4 mile from home if it's going to be parked over night. Every few months I will run diesel clean in my diesel tank and run it hard. Everything seems fine, I haven't had any issues with it. The cutting oil does smell pretty bad, but it's only noticeable to other drivers :)

I've had the injectors out and the IP top cover off and they looked great.

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run different blends of waste oil many that were thinned down with about 50% diesel. I have recently been running what many call W85 (85%wmo and 15% gasoline). I did some reading over on the alternative fuel forum that's on here and guys seem to notice a difference in smoke if they run diesel kleen with their blends. I have started added some diesel kleen with my blends as well, haven't really noticed a difference but I am sure it helps keep things cleaner. I change my fuel filter quite often and when I do I fill it up with ATF when installing the new one.

I am a firm believer if you filter your oil and keep things in check you will be way ahead of the money game even if you have to replace your fuel system more often. I drive very few miles and I have already saved enough money by running WMO that I could have installed two new fuel systems. Now if I was running Moose pumps or Moose misters and put some $$ in upgrading my engine, I believe I would stick to running straight diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online