This is also interesting

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
How do you tell if the viscosity is the same as #2 diesel after you are done?

I read about a test that was done, but I've forgotten where it was. I usually do a comparison. I have some off-road diesel in a jar, that I compare it to.

rayamash

Reaction score
I am also seeking advice from other users on this forum for running wmo in my diesel jeep liberty crd. I have a wmo filtering system, and use the filtered wmo and tranny atf in my home fuel oil furnace and pole barn waste oil heater. Works well for this purpose. Now i want to try in my jeep liberty diesel crd.

Here is link to my youtube video of my current system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPKZauGXUE

What you cant see in my video, my centrifuge, drains into a 1-micron bag filter hanging below it. All oil and tranny fluid is first poured into a 5-micron bag also hanging in the barrel. The final product is pumped throuogh a 10 and 2 micron filter for use in my house furnace....

I need more knowledgeable users to point out what i need to learn yet before trying in my jeep liberty.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Nice system.. One question though..... Why did you use a GM pump? The nipponese nutbucket pumps do not have a built-in reservoir. Mine is off a 1986 Accord.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I need more knowledgeable users to point out what i need to learn yet before trying in my jeep liberty.

Cool set-up.

I would be very leery of running wmo in my Liberty or TDI. The pumps and injectors are just too ex$pensive to take the chance. Maybe I'm just a chicken.:dunno

rayamash

Reaction score
I used the old GM poweer steering pump from a friend who was parting out his truck. I had the 1hp motor laying around in the shed. Just using what i already had. Salvaged 120volt water heater element from junked wh. Had a local HVAC serviceman, $150, tune up my house oil burner to handle burning the wmo and tranny along with usual home heating oil. Get the wmo and used tranny oil from friend who owns local quick change oil shop.

rayamash

Reaction score
"Does your pump self prime? If so any idea how far it will lift oil?"

this pump doesnt prime itself very well, this is why i had to use a gravity system and let the wmo drain down into the pump. this method solved my problems of trying to keep pump from cavitating. this pump will push a lot of fluid as far as you want to go... well over 200 psi, Be Careful! my centrifuge maker recommends 85-90 psi max. I use airhose lines rated for 300psi. I have not yet tried the wmo in my jeep diesel yet. still developing my system

Last edited:

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
"Does your pump self prime? If so any idea how far it will lift oil?"

this pump doesnt prime itself very well, this is why i had to use a gravity system and let the wmo drain down into the pump. this method solved my problems of trying to keep pump from cavitating. this pump will push a lot of fluid as far as you want to go... well over 200 psi, Be Careful! my centrifuge maker recommends 85-90 psi max. I use airhose lines rated for 300psi. I have not yet tried the wmo in my jeep diesel yet. still developing my system

My question was directed at end driver, sorry. However I interested to know who made your centrifuge.

PZ

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
whats a po??? just to be clear you bought 9 (replaced )18 psd injectors failed because of running wvo

The truck's PO replaced the first 8 injectors, with the second 8. When the second 8 started going bad, I replaced them with the third set of 8. Two of the third set of 8 have already gone bad on me. I'm thinking the third set of 8 injectors were not in the best shape, when I bought them. The problem wasn't the WVO, as much as it was me putting WMO in after the WVO had been used. The WMO mix cleaned out the WVO residue and the residue caused all the problems. The truck is running pretty good right now and the fuel pressure is holding. As of right now, the truck has 6 used injectors and 2 new ones in it. I bought a third new one, in case another used one craps out on me.