This Has an IDI...... sweet ride

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I would trade my bronco for that. To have the 4dr and the option to make a Hummer style slat cab for it, I am IN....well I would be but I am broke.

SWS

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one has been for sale for a while... it is awful far from me too. I have always admired the simplicity of old trucks like that, and thought how sweet it would be to have one with a diesel conversion and a restoration. Used to have a 66 Jeep with a Chevy 327 in it that my great granddad bought new, rusted to pieces and I don't have any money or I would have done a restoration and put a cummins in. Maybe the CA to KY drive would be senic...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned 4 of those with "ULTRA RARE" AC.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
My 79 was rusted in exactly the same places. about 2 years and it will be toast.:puke:
That is my favorite body in fords.;Sweet

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting turbo, that's a first generation, non-gated Sidewinder.
Not a bad looking truck, definitley needs some new front springs and maybe a D60 swap though.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think that is a D60, i wonder what t-case it has. it could be a hellova truck, did you guys see the rear springs on that thing!?!? it would do real well with a bed like that copper and tan truck posted a few days ago

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nice, I bet it was a lot of work to get that engine there. I'd like the radiator a little bigger there a not many pics of the conversion.

What's up with the rear springs, is that normal?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be the perfect truck to stretch to the long wheelbase,convert to a dually,and find the correct dually long bed for it

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Ultra rare AC :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao my butt!!! Nothing rare about AC in the 70's Ford trucks. The only thing rare on that truck is the CC moldings between the front and rear doors. Plus the rear door moldings now that I think about it.
I had a 76 F350 CC that I sold to a buddy and he is currently putting in a 6.9 IDI into it. Does not seem to hard to do.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Rich i think it was a long wheelbase that they cut, i think it is too short for a short bed to fit on there. it looks to me like those springs are MUCH heavier than stock especially the overloads but i guess i could be wrong.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder what kind of bed they had on it. All those thin leaves look chevy like. Ford always seemed to use fewer thicker springs.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting turbo, that's a first generation, non-gated Sidewinder.
Not a bad looking truck, definitley needs some new front springs and maybe a D60 swap though.

Thats the same turbo setup I have, a real pain in the butt when you have to remove 8 bolts just to get to the air filter. I would like to eliminate the ********* box beacuse it also makes it tough to get to anything on top of the engine.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not worth anywhere near $7500 but I do hope he gets it. That'll make me feel alot better abt. the time and money I put in mine and the changes I'm planning.
That cab is not in good shape--the rust above the winshield and above the rain gutters will take alot of work to repair the right way--trust me on this.

Dennis