Thinkin bout gettin a turbo

White Elephant

Reaction score
Hey all ive been pondering about the idea of gettin a turbo to put on my NA truck and ive got a few questions. First is it really worth puttin a turbo on these trucks and can yall tell a difference in power. And what kind would yall reccomend gettin... a factory turbo or an aftermarket brand? Or does it matter what brand? Ive just been thinkin bout gettin one and wanted to get yalls 2 cents about it first. Thanks.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Night and day difference. FAQ up top pretty much lays it out as what's available and what the key traits are of each.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
The only downside I've noticed with mine is that it made the truck a PITA to drive in the rain until I got used to it, it was just like driving in snow.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any of the big three turbo companys have a great item for these id engines. They all have their faults too. Just buy a known turbo. That would be a Banks. A hypermax or the ATS. Then freshen up the fuel system and time the rig.... Then hold on... The new power is hard to resist. Its like resisting ***, drugs and rock-in-roll.... It can't be done....:rotflmao:angel:

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a question for you all since this topic is up. say you freshin up the fuel system with all stock. get a turbo kit and turn the pump up. how much RWHP do you think the truck would have ish? and also in my case, would you recomend getting a turbo kit for my truck with 498,000 km and a rotting body? i would liek to keep the truck for a year or two but i dont know if i will last with how little of power it has.