Think I found out why Whitehorse's mileage sucks!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Broke out the Timing meter today to check Whitehorse's timing and ouch....if my setup was correct I don't see how it runs.At idle(700RPM) it is a 4.0degrees.Ran it up to 1500RPM and it dropped to 0.0degrees.Something tells me I found out why he uses half a tank a day to drive to and from work and the drive is only 60 miles round trip!Sunday I am gonna set the timing since we didn't get started to right at dark(he got of at 5PM and it was AUTOLITE HOT!)Also,found his leak I think.The input line for the IP is loose.Also gonna fix that sunday since he had just about every other size but the right one for that line!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok,what is the proper settings and all to time this thing?Wanna make sure I got every thing right.20 degree offset,1500RPM 8.5degrees.If the number is Zero then which way does the pump need to be rotated?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably he needs a new pump if it is that far out of spec....you should probably try just timing it first though. Good luck with it guys!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the number is Zero then which way does the pump need to be rotated?

To advance the timing, turn the pump towards the passengers side. You'll have to move is about 1/4" though to advance it 8 degrees. Seems like a lot, and if it's correct, I'm thinking you might not be able to move the pump that far. You might be out a tooth on the gear.

Anyway, try it, and see how it works. You might want to loosen the vibration dampner thingy's on the injector lines though to allow things to "flex" a bit as you try to move the pump. Be careful not to bend any injector lines...

good luck with it..

zigg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online