The search function sucks.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Are they "universal"? If I bought one for my ZF5, and later repowered the truck with a CTD and a G56 tranny, would the same PTO unit work?

This is a serious question, as I'm looking at putting the F-450 to work.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they "universal"? If I bought one for my ZF5, and later repowered the truck with a CTD and a G56 tranny, would the same PTO unit work?

This is a serious question, as I'm looking at putting the F-450 to work.
without knowing the tooth count for the transmission countershaft, the answer is no. the good part is you may be able to swap out the gears in the PTO to make it work.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the search function sucks. Exact phrase searches are hit and miss and multiple word searches often only catch a single word out of many in the search field.

Its true on all forums though since they all seem to use the same software.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you could probably make or buy an adapter to keep the ZF5 even if you swapped in a Cummins. I hear PTOs are expensive, so it might be worthwhile. What kind of work do you have in mind for that truck?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always felt the search here is better than it ever was on TDS though.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
But you could probably make or buy an adapter to keep the ZF5 even if you swapped in a Cummins. I hear PTOs are expensive, so it might be worthwhile. What kind of work do you have in mind for that truck?

Mainly residential work. Rock, sand, gravel and mulch for home owners that don't want to pay for 15 tons when they only need three. Also, the sides will be removable so it can work as a regular flatbed hauling cargo, and I'd like to be able to pull the bed and bolt on a 5th wheel when I want to pull my gooseneck, or my mini-float.

I've always felt the search here is better than it ever was on TDS though.

I think I've been to that site about three times since I found this one.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I tend to use the advanced search for google & use oilburners.net for the domain when I'm searching for something too short for this search engine or with multiple words. ;Sweet

Attachments

• google for ob.JPG
    google for ob.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 7

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I tend to use the advanced search for google & use oilburners.net for the domain when I'm searching for something too short for this search engine or with multiple words. ;Sweet

Thats the one I use too. Works for any forum better than the forum search.
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online