The Official "Show Us Your Ride" pictures of member's trucks thread.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my only IDI truck, it's a 1991 SAE Bronco that I have fitted with a 1988 7.3L IDI. In this pic I am mocking up an FER so I can make mounts for it. The FER is from a '94 truck so it has to have adaptors to attach it to the frame:

You must be registered for see images

Here is a pic of the IDI just after I slid it into the engine bay:

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some past IDIs that I had, they were supposed to be engine donors for the Bronco project but 1 was not good enough and 1 was too good to cut up.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
here is my 1989 f250 4x4 7.3 idi n/a this has been a really good truck has never given my any Major problems lol. It has the "soup bowl" cut off, a 2.5" glass pack In The exhaust, has newer injectors and glow plugs I replaced a few years ago and I just recently turned it up two flats and runs a lot stronger and starts a lot better. This truck is soon to have a 4" lift and sometime down the road a built turbo engine, lookin at about 300 - 350 hp and about 700 ft/lbs of torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still 2wd for this winter :( will start looking for a d60 in 2014

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 F-250 diesel, 4x4. Stock. It works hard. One of these days it will get airbags.

A little late, but that cabover is Sweet!!;Sweet always wanted one of those. are you keeping the gas engine, or swapping in a diesel?

here is my 1989 f250 4x4 7.3 idi n/a this has been a really good truck has never given my any Major problems lol. It has the "soup bowl" cut off, a 2.5" glass pack In The exhaust, has newer injectors and glow plugs I replaced a few years ago and I just recently turned it up two flats and runs a lot stronger and starts a lot better. This truck is soon to have a 4" lift and sometime down the road a built turbo engine, lookin at about 300 - 350 hp and about 700 ft/lbs of torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a little off topic, but what tires are those? they look nice.

dont worry, i will add some of my pictures soon to get this thread back on track.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've posted this picture a million times it seems.

Since this, its been in a fender bender. I have the bodywork done, but no paint (just primer). I'm thinking I will just go ahead and repaint the whole thing, use the Ford King Ranch Brown mettalic color they have (to make it easier to find paint if I ever need it again) and I think it will go with the truck age better (funny how brown is having its comeback again).

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score

Since this, its been in a fender bender. I have the bodywork done, but no paint (just primer). I'm thinking I will just go ahead and repaint the whole thing, use the Ford King Ranch Brown mettalic color they have (to make it easier to find paint if I ever need it again) and I think it will go with the truck age better (funny how brown is having its comeback again).

That pic is worthy of so many posts.;Sweet I would hate to see the red go bye bye for brown but I'm sure it will look good no matter what.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You've convinced me to look for the older body style now (pre-87) ;Really

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope the attached picture worked i have never posted a pic before. I have been on here for a while reading and taking in as much information as i could. My currect truck is my third Ford diesel and the second idi I bought her back in March and it was love at first sight. What i have here is a 1986 crewcab dually turbo diesel 4x4, it was factory 4x4 but duals added om from dealer from what i was told my the woman i bought it from. The story on the truck was the original owner retired amd bought this truck and a fifthwheel and traveled the usa. The man took incredoble care of it i have fuel logs and mpg data from 84000 miles to 267,000 miles all from the original owner. The best part of it is the gentalman replaced the motor rebuilt turbo had trans and transfer case all completly redone in 2000 but only put about 16,000 miles before i bought her at the first of the year from the daughter of the original owner.
if you want to go true dually front and rear, all you need to do is add a set of dually hubs to where the SRW hub and rotors once were. It's literally a drop-in conversion and you won't have to change calipers either.

jocephus30

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and thats what i was hoping all it was bad thing have to get through laundry list of things i have to fix but if money allows thats what I plan on changing over too.

Danoflapper

Reaction score

Here's the '89 that I fixed up this summer.