The Official "Show Us Your Ride" pictures of member's trucks thread.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
My beater....

Okay that's not fair.... You need to sell that to me lol! That's absolutely beautiful! How dare you call that a beater! Lol

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I dont really beat on it....just a woods/firewood pickup. I think I might halfway part out the drivetrain. I want to get rid of the gear vendors and put a zf in it, but I discovered that the early banks up pipes wont't clear the zf bellhousing so I'm going to have to get a new turbo setup for that to work. I have a R&D 90 pump and stage one injectors for it to install when I get back to town from work, and if it still doesn't pull my trailer like I want, I have a 97 7.3 that I'm going to try and put the stand alone t444e electronics on. If I can make that work then it'll be bye bye time for the idi. Time will tell lol.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a non gated turbo the 90cc and injectors are gonna wake that thing up, wrap the up pipes and open the exhaust you should have a Enough power to pull most things! When getting new turbo I would choose a wastegated one lots more low end pulling power

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worded that wrong, if it comes to getting a new turbo it will be sitting on a different engine lol. I won't invest that much money into it, the pump and injectors was enough. I love that era pickup, but not the engines that came in them....so the idi is on thin ice haha.

The 97 is kind of an experiment, if the IH electronics will play with the ford engine it shouldn't be that bad of a swap.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worded that wrong, if it comes to getting a new turbo it will be sitting on a different engine lol. I won't invest that much money into it, the pump and injectors was enough. I love that era pickup, but not the engines that came in them....so the idi is on thin ice haha.

The 97 is kind of an experiment, if the IH electronics will play with the ford engine it shouldn't be that bad of a swap.
Interested in how that turns out! Let us know either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, I dont really beat on it....just a woods/firewood pickup. I think I might halfway part out the drivetrain. I want to get rid of the gear vendors and put a zf in it, but I discovered that the early banks up pipes wont't clear the zf bellhousing so I'm going to have to get a new turbo setup for that to work. I have a R&D 90 pump and stage one injectors for it to install when I get back to town from work, and if it still doesn't pull my trailer like I want, I have a 97 7.3 that I'm going to try and put the stand alone t444e electronics on. If I can make that work then it'll be bye bye time for the idi. Time will tell lol.

Sounds like you'd be further ahead to sell it to me :joker:

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I don't plan on selling it anytime soon....I turned down 8K for it on Saturday (who knows if he would really pay that tho, people like to change their mind when it comes to actually paying haha)

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just another shot of my old girl.

Pay no attention to my Dad's Buick lol

I was driving home the other day and noticed the farmer up the road pulled out his old brick and put it back on the road. It's not an IDI but it's a pretty decent looking bricknose. Especially for salt country!

Madbutcher

Reaction score

Some pictures of my old 88

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about some details of your truck. How many kilometers, what transmission and I see it is a 4 wheel drive. Thanks.

Madbutcher

Reaction score
How about some details of your truck. How many kilometers, what transmission and I see it is a 4 wheel drive. Thanks.
Speedo don't work so i don't know the miles on it.

1988 7.3 idi
4x4
C6 trans
3.55 ratio
315/75r16 general grabbers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online