The Official LUK 07-225 SMF Clutch Kit & ZF S5-42/47 Rollover Noise Poll

I installed a LUK 07-225 Clutch Kit in my 6.9/7.3 IDI with a ZF S5-42/47 and..

• I am experiencing a terrible racket...

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I have some additional noise, but nothing really concerning or unbearable.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I can't tell any difference from before!

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could get a DMF at a reasonable price I would have. Seeing that one was not available, the SMF worked just fine for me. The noise is annoying but you get used to it quickly.
This mirrors my opinion. If I could have found a DMF for a sane price, I would have got it. Every once in a blue moon Rock Auto some how gets a stock of DMFs for not too stupid prices, of course they didn't have any when I needed one.

I really miss how quiet the DMF was, but after adding some extra sound insulation on thr floor/tranny hump I've gotten used to it. The roll over noise is very noticable at low speed (below 1k RPM) with the window open next to a brick wall/building, it echos off the wall quite a bit.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one we need to hear from is @IDIoit
He had a nasty bout with rollover and what he did to get rid of it. But it went far above 1200 rpm and was quite loud
my issue was the lift, and driveshaft angles.
made the entire trans sound like it was gonna blow up.
ended up using a 271 super duty transfer case, a DC driveshaft and changed the rear pinion angle

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I swapped from my c6 I was tripping balls about the whole rollover noise thing because I was afraid it’d be too loud. I have the 07-225 kit and it makes a little noise at idle but not much at all. Its extremely loud when I’m lugging through a parking lot in first or second but it’s only under 1000 rpm. When I’m idling it’s kinda matches the idi racket pretty well so it’s not super noticeable unless you’re underneath the truck. Inside it’s not bad at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online