The Official 2014 IDI Weekend truck rally

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
In addition to that, Corey, Brad, and the Fowlers showed up, Dainelle came BACK for a few more days and 3 or 4 day visitors showed for the events today. The hustle and bustle of the IDI rally is very apparant. The rather long 9 day duration provided a large window of opportunity for people to make a visit even if they didn't stay for the duration.

There is a vast array of people ranging from retirees to families with handfulls of kids to younger generations that are out at night looking for some company on the shore town boardwalks. Its been a laid back, sleep in atmosphere that is very vacation friendly. The families with kids visited the zoo yesterday, older parents went on joyrides to soak in the shoretown life while younger families wore their kids out in the pools, in the arcade, and on the playgrounds at the campground. All in all we have done a few events together and have wandered off on our own at different times. There is definitely something for everyone to enjoy at the Jersey Shore this year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be there sometime tomorrow morning. Can anyone PM me their cell number so I can call when I am in the area and meet up? I will also be bringing a food that can only be obtained in NJ.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The visit to the Aviation Museum was resceduled for yesterday. This gave us a nice outing on a rainy Friday morning, much better than just seeking shelter at camp all day. There were planes, Jeeps, boats and many other artifacts of historical significance. Planes, helicopters and the like were open to get into hands on and check out which proved fun for kids and adults alike.

With uncertain weather, most fireworks displays were postponed so attention was diverted to Elijah's truck. He sprung for a new Moose Pump and Misters so we had a pump replacement going on at the campground. Corey stepped up to the plate along side of a few others to offer a hand and timed it when the install was complete. The late evening test drive proved successful and the campfire gathering proceeded.

Elijah has stepped up and accepted the challenge of hosting next year. The rally is hereby moving further up into New England territory. Elijah is a bit younger in his early twenties and definitely has the drive and energy to put together a good time. Good luck and best wishes Elijah, can't wait to see what is in store for next year!

Today we will be headed to the Camden Aquarium and to tour the Battleship New Jersey departing from the campground around 11am. We have day visitors meeting us there and possibly some more day visitors coming to the campground later on towards evening.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are heating up, and the group is heading towards Camden, but not before assisting Danielle with a no-start situation, and Michael Fowler had is way too advanced timing brought back to spec by Corey.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally when a new mom goes camping with two kids under 2 years old, it's stressful and tiring and not even enjoyable. Top that off with a no start, two crying babies and an hour Plus of traffic to go 4.3 miles...
But thanks to everyone pitching in all week with entertainment for the toddlers, hugs and smiles for the baby, burgers, blankets, and even the use of a car, this turned out to be such a great and memorable time.
I'm so grateful to everyone who helped get us running again! By the time we returned with the parts, the old one was out!! That could have been a nightmare but it was over and done so quickly. I can't thank you guys enough!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The Moose fleet has hit the highway, Subway is due to check out today, Danielle left late last night, things are winding down. It will be me and the Fowlers for one more night.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got home fine, and when I get a chance I'll upload some pics and post in more detail than I was able from my phone. Many thanks to Goose for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. Another IDI Weekend has come and gone, and now the long wait until next year.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Fowlers made it safely home. EGTs stayed below 1220 degrees or so. Thanks to Corey for setting the timing when all I asked was to know what it was. He went the extra mile and set it. Quieter, lower EGTs and maybe (hope) a little less fuel usage.
Also a special thanks to Goose for hosting, AND providing so many opportunities and then allowing the flexibility for people to pick and choose as they wished.
Its great to put names, and faces, and STORIES together.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The Goose crew made it home without incident. Thank you to everyone that made the rally, I made some new friends and got to know some others much better. I hope those of you that were unable to attend enjoyed the thread here and on FB. I had a great time and am not enjoying "the back to reality" that stands in front of me know, lol.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll find time to get ours up one of these nights.