the E4OD is on its way to DOA

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my trans continues to slip and is starting to shudder when accelerating from a dead stop. The OD light isnt blinking though and i scaned it and found no codes but its clear to me especially on the 2nd to third shift its in its death throws.

So im located in North Jersey not far from NYC and would like to hear if there are any good trans shops in NJ or NY that specialize in this POS?

I plow with the truck & tow heavy stuff with the truck. which trans company should i order a converter from? the stock just dosent cut it from what i hear.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Contact Brian's Truck Shop http://www.brianstruckshop.com/index.html as he makes a transmission that will put up with anything you can throw at it. I have ridden in Dave Tosh's truck with his BTS Trans and it's something, positive shifts like a manual - no slippage what so ever and Dave it running some serious hp. BTS offers a very easy to understand warranty - 2 years any hp, any tq, period.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool how do people feel about ATS trans? anyone have one? how would they be in comparison with one from Brian's truck shop? I dont wanna do a stock rebuild just to have the thing crap out of me a 2-3 years from now

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Yes I just got this email today....
Hi Dwight,
Your e-mail address is working fine now.
Let us know what horse power mods your planning, 2 or 4 wd? How will you use the truck? Is the truck used for racing, sled pulling, or any other competition involving high performance use? How heavy do you tow and haul? Is it used for full time heavy load pulling such as commercial for hire use? Or recreational heavy tow such as an RV for camping? Do you have a horse power goal? Big tires or a lifted truck?

The final price or which rebuild is right for you depends on the info above and your use of your truck. Our rebuilds are by appointment or we can ship if you have a qualified installer. We would not need to have your unit to rebuild first. Unless you wanted your original tranny rebuilt. There is a core fee on units we ship.

Our HD rebuild is a full extra clutches rebuild with performance converter, all internal part upgrades, & new cooler. This rebuild is for heavy duty street use. Before we price a unit, we need the info on mods and use of the truck to be sure which build is right for you,--HD or a full custom. Thanks,
Jack-sales
Racer X Automotive

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks alot guys Im going to make some phone calls on monday about this. I dunno how much longer the trans has its shuddering like a SOB lately

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 4X4 C6 you can bolt in until your E4OD is done if you want. It's cheap.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
You will be a happy camper with racer x.:D
That is waht I'm thinking... got this one today....

Hi,
The HD build starts at $2800 with converter and new cooler. It's $3350 installed. If you will stick to chips/tuner exhaust, & intake for H.P. mods for passing and towing power the base HD build is the right build for you.

If larger injectors are planned than a stage 2 rebuild starting @ $3250 is the one you'd probably need. That depends on the injectors and use of the truck. For any competition use at all, big tires, off roading or mud bogging-- a stage 2 build is the minimum required. Whenever a customer has this type of use in mind, racing or frequent burnouts and WOT starts, drag racing etc, they will need more than a base heavy duty build. Some won't offer a base build at all for modified trucks. We do, but only if the customer understands HD is for street use with mild H.P. mods--not competition use. Thanks, Let us know if we can help with your power play needs.
Jack