The diary of my journey to the darkside.........

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tank in my truck originally came from a 95 f150. It was in my f100 before I put it into the 250. In 3 years Ive never had a problem.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya some dont some do but its not worth the risk the new ulsd seems to do much less than the old stuff

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read that before, but I've never been able to find a "diesel" specific tank or a "gasoline" specific tank. When I purchase two new tanks for my F250, I asked specifically for a "diesel" tank for the very reasons listed above. They just about laughed me out of the shop. They showed me the catalog and sure enough, gas and diesel F-series trucks use the same tank. Not a bit of difference.

Heath

Last edited:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this got brought to the top, motor is free, C&C is on trailer ready to head to scrapper... could have had the truck together over the weekend, but I had a 76 Ford two paint, (two tone, only doing one of the tones) a 2000 Outback to shoot a front bumper on, and a 20" rim to polish.

Worked on 76 dodging rain, through Friday evening, Saturday dodging rain, and Made SUnday "my day". Came back, and sanded on the 76 a little, helped the wife, figured I would at least be able to get the Ferd in Primer, and the bumper shot on the Stupidroo Monday.

Ennh, no, finished sanding the damned Ferd at Dark, taped til I couldn't see anymore last night, Dodged the gawwdamm rain all day yesterday.

Sanded the bumper on the Stupidroo this morning, laid primer. Bumped the damned bumper with the gun, and now the primer is dented... I sanded this thing thoroughly with 180, and then 400.. there is not a blemish on this farking bumper... til I dented the primer.

SO, I polished the 20, showered, went to Boise handled some ****, letting Primer cure to re sand this spot.

Came home, resanded, laid on color, single stage, laid on second application, single stage, taping the damned Ferd whilst I am doing it, to allow Stupidroo to cure...

Rain clouds a comin', you have figured out by now I shoot outside, right?

Well Clear skins over ASAP. ANd I candy my top coat with 40-80% clear, depending.

I am now using an Acrylic clear, that cocktails with my single stage perfect ly, so I rushed ly mix my 60 or 70% clear candied top coat, and lay it on.

I need 20 Fawking minutes.
20!!!!!!!!!!

Do I get it?

Fawk no!

The top of this farking bumper looks like full quill ostritch skin boots, the bottom part, sure as ****, the clear skinned, Ican touch it at the 25 minute mark after it left the gun, it looks like glass.

Guess I should be thankful there is a body line to tape too, and that I used predominately single stage, sand er down, and just clear it in the AM...

SO pissed, I shoulda just blown off the Stupidroo, and worked on my truck, but ti was Sunny when I started.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks about youre painting life but hey dont gotta worry with the truck
and the aftermarket tanks are not coated cause of new epa crap where the coating will put out more emmissions if it flakes off and burns
but a plastic tank is also usable either way (didnt think of plastic) if cleaned properly

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that paint got killed by the rain but it now looks like some custom stuff lol
thats the parts truck right? did i see an air compressor in place of the a/c?
or is it just an old york

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet for the oba look into the semi truck plastic lines easier to run and more forgiving than the pipe stuff

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANd its the wrong farking color.

Like not even the "10 shades of variance" that the paint store usually tellsme when I snivel about not matching.

Or, "your pressure is too high/low".. it is flat WRONG!

Think I am gonna take the $$$ outlay on materials in the ass, and let the next guy fix it.

He uses me on stuff he thinks he can't lose on or wants done as cheaply as possible, I saved the next guy some serious prep time....

Fug it.

And Fug the lot... Metal is high enough, might just go back to scrapping and temping.... Done with trying to make cars look better.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile back at the ranch.. Alice (Allis Chalmers) crushed the cab and clip for us (that girl neeeds a lap band!) and what was formerly known as my cab and Chassi si now on the trailer to get scrapped.

Will shoot a pic in the AM, if I remeber...

The turbo truck is de clipped, and de doored... will paint this 76 tomorrow, and then roll up and finish stripping him....

Hopefully get this put together over the weekend..

Noticed a date stamp on the turbo tonight 08/09.. unsure if that was purchase, or rebuild date, more than likely judging by the "age" of the ATS stickers on the fenders, rebuild date... sure doesn't spin very well though, not a whole lot of ply, just a fuzz more resistance than we are comfy with.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well turbo motor is free, and ready to be picked tomorrow, then we inventory what else needs pulled off the lift truck, and push him out, and roll Clyde in, for his change... Kind of a reverse castrtion, I hope...

Be seriously pissed, if I turn my raring draft horse into a diminuitive shetland, when it comes to pulling power analogies...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's quite the trio of projects you have going on! :hail

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it can get a little crazy. Kermit (76) is green again... now the owner wants me to re do the white.. okay.

His buddy has a 76 eff2fiddy crew cab short box that is apparently rolling into my shop (I was Black Dog and company for years... Leaning toward's Masters Touch now...) and getting reshot.

Everything needs done yesterday.. Gets aggravating. Including my truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online