the coming storm for kali is on the horizon.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those of you who own commercial trucks 10k gvw and higher should have received this postcard this month........

Attachments

• SL374496.JPG
    SL374496.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 187

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
So both of your 450s getting sold, or plates from Texas?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"technically" I own 5 of these dinosaurs. they will be phased out by 2015.
in the meantime, my local Dodge dealer is really loving me. I'm doing the back and forth on three 5500 series chassis with the 6.7 and a manual trans. only reason why I went dodge is the package is a proven evil compared to the ford where I really don't feel like being a lab rat for ford to do product testing.:backoff:backoff:backoff

DragOne

Reaction score
wow, NV generally follows CA soon after generally, so looks like more changes around here as well.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Does that mean it's ok to have a truck older than a 96 or 98, after 2014 if that's it says?
I'm just trying to figure it all out. I hear all kinds of different stories.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean it's ok to have a truck older than a 96 or 98, after 2014 if that's it says?
I'm just trying to figure it all out. I hear all kinds of different stories.
from what I understand, you can own it, you just can't register it.
most city gov'ts have purged their fleets of older diesels. when they sell at auction, they come with a warning that you can't register it in kali at all.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it only applied to fleets that had more than 3 vehicles, or something like that...what a bunch of B.S. -cuss I may be well to the left of 99% of the people on this forum, but the CARB needs to be disbanded -cuss -cuss -cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it only applied to fleets that had more than 3 vehicles, or something like that...what a bunch of B.S. -cuss I may be well to the left of 99% of the people on this forum, but the CARB needs to be disbanded -cuss -cuss -cuss
over 10k operating commercially you are still ok to 14k.
above 14k these truck are an endangered species.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
That's part of what's going to cause the spiral of economy to go farther down. I'm sure that new shipping port in Panama will keep truckers away from CA too. If it's open yet.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's part of what's going to cause the spiral of economy to go farther down. I'm sure that new shipping port in Panama will keep truckers away from CA too. If it's open yet.
kali politicians kinda figured it out. that's why there is the confusion. originally it was supposed to be much more draconian by the end of next year. now it is a rolling death sentence.....oldest ones first. I'm screwed and I know it. But the only good thing for me is that my motors and transmissions in my f450's can be transferred to the smaller trucks.:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cummins and DT's are going to be dirt cheap in Cali soon. Think all those MD trucks with them that will be sold for next to nothing.

I wonder how an IDI would act with a PM filter (I assume DPF?). Probably like crap.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
But...if you only have 1 MD truck that you own, will it be ok? Example a 92 F700. What are the defining factors?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
It's time for the rest of the country to boycott California. We should refuse to ship any and all goods and services(ie, electricity) to or buy goods and services from there. Maybe if we make life hard enough for the general population, they'll get some sense and kick these ******** out of office.

fishingrod

Reaction score
This state is so out of touch with reality,it makes me sick.
Good news is..my shopping cart I'll soon be pushing will
Have zero carbon footprint !