Thanks IDIJunkie

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have been trying to find a trans cooler locally for a little while now. All I ever found was some dishonest (IMO) parts vendors. (one price on the phone, different at counter once there) I can get a little picky and had decided I wanted a stacked plate cooler instead of a tube and fin. I am also tired of shipping errors. Had too many this past year. Probably cost me $2500 overall in damages. No Joke. Never even got so much as a refund on the shipping back. But back to the point.

So IDIJunkie tells me where to get the cooler I want online. I foolishly waited weeks before finally getting over my stubborn tendencies and ordered it yesterday. Thanks for giving me the heads up on the cooler at Dieselsite. (?) com/org?? I ordered it on a Sunday and got a tracking number the same day. It shipped today. This guy is quick. ;Sweet Now lets just hope UPS is careful this time.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I just got my CHRA today through UPS, it came perfectly fine. Thats less than what i can say about my brand new DMF's and clutch kits (yes plural) both got destroyed in shipping. I had to talk the dealer into shipping me double boxed new ones.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm always glad to help a fellow oil burner ;Sweet ;Sweet !! Hopefully UPS won't screw things up for you again. I was very pleased with how fast Dieselsite shipped mine. With this cooler you won't have to worry about your tranny temps. The highest I have ever seen mine was 155.
Anyway here's to hopeing that it arrives ok and in one piece.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the last week it got pretty warm here (Mid 80's) and after having my trans temp gauge in for about 6 weeks I have been able to get some idea of it's current cooling state.

It typically runs 100-110* over ambient temperature with no load in traffic. On the mid 80's temps last week it was running 185-195*:eek: totally unloaded. Today at 40* ambient it's running 140 150*. Considering that it will get that hot unloaded I need to add some significant cooling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online