Texas IDI Roundup- Dyno day and Show & Shine

BlackNoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week I got a call that my dyno guy’s shop got broken into while he was at SEMA, a lot of the tools stolen including his computer with the operating system for the dyno. I’ve been scrambling to find another dyno but a lot of shops are still closed for SEMA and it’s very last minute, but it’s not a done deal yet. We may have drive a bit further but there’s a possibility another dyno may he available. If worse case scenario we can’t get on the rollers, I plotted out a gorgeous hill country cruise to a great lunch destination, and later that day our local dragstrip will be having a street truck and diesel shootout from 5pm on, so if we don’t get on the dyno I’ll be entering the shop truck and running it in both classes, y’all are welcome to compete as well or spectate the old IDIs taking on some modern diesels. I’ll update later in the week once I know for sure if the dyno is available, either way looking forward to seeing everyone and their trucks!

Still gonna be a good time. You had me at great lunch! Haha.
The meet in the spring will have to happen if the Dyno doesn't work out! I want to see history made!

Blackascoal

Reaction score
I’m diggin the rig with the ambulance body. Great overland unit. Do you have a build thread on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we wont be dynoing any trucks this time, but following our hill country cruise and lunch, I will be heading to the track around 1pm with a couple trucks to compete in the diesel shootout, Ill be running the shop truck, anyone is welcome to join in on the racing or hang out and watch some big power trucks run down the track.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we wont be dynoing any trucks this time, but following our hill country cruise and lunch, I will be heading to the track around 1pm with a couple trucks to compete in the diesel shootout, Ill be running the shop truck, anyone is welcome to join in on the racing or hang out and watch some big power trucks run down the track.

Wish I was closer and not so damn busy...

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather predicted to be a respectable high of 61 degrees at Classic Diesel Design world headquarters this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
You all take lots of pictures so the rest of us can get an idea of the fun.
As soon as my wife gets back with my u joints I'll try to upload a few videos at the track. Couple of nice pulls by thewespaul and a few other pulls and one in particular that the video quality wasn't so great(wife freaked out and lowered the camera) of a poor guy that could use some new undies for Christmas as close as he came to either wall and the roll he almost completed. Food was awesome great time and nice scenery. Y'all should definitely swing in on the next one.