Texas IDI Roundup- Dyno day and Show & Shine

BlackNoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Bet it’s like a new truck now. Congrats
It absolutely is! I can't express how different it is with manual from that dying c6 and the hydroboost system over the stock vacuum boost. It went from slugging start and stop to flying like the wind and stopping on a dime!

94bluebeast

Reaction score
As you know, we will be out there dropping off my truck for you to work your magic, but we fly out the afternoon of the 16th so may not be able to make most of the events unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tumbleweed210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could make it down there Wes...but over the last three and a half weeks the truck's gone to leaking oil outta damn near EVERY gasketed surface (can't go fifty miles without needing 2~3 quarts), injectors hanging open~or~shut at every traffic light~or~stop sign, oh and probably more than a couple of those springy~thingies (that used to be part of the DMF) somewhere between here (Waco) and Groesbeck...

IF IT T'WERNT FER BAD LUCK, I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT-ALL...(HEE-HAW ~circa 1978)

I dunno man...I'm just too far down on the ever growing list with this thing...it's like every time I get it running okay and start to think I'm making progress...Damnit.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Despite being in TX right now, I can't make it. I have November and December already planned out. I'm way up in the panhandle and I won't even be leaving around here until the end of Nov. Then it's all west TX in December.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week I got a call that my dyno guy’s shop got broken into while he was at SEMA, a lot of the tools stolen including his computer with the operating system for the dyno. I’ve been scrambling to find another dyno but a lot of shops are still closed for SEMA and it’s very last minute, but it’s not a done deal yet. We may have drive a bit further but there’s a possibility another dyno may he available. If worse case scenario we can’t get on the rollers, I plotted out a gorgeous hill country cruise to a great lunch destination, and later that day our local dragstrip will be having a street truck and diesel shootout from 5pm on, so if we don’t get on the dyno I’ll be entering the shop truck and running it in both classes, y’all are welcome to compete as well or spectate the old IDIs taking on some modern diesels. I’ll update later in the week once I know for sure if the dyno is available, either way looking forward to seeing everyone and their trucks!