Tell me about the C6, please!

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents -- I got the truck home, and it's running great. And BTW -- the tranny is fine; I am indeed getting all three gears as intended. I have issues with the lighting (tail/stop/rear turn) but I believe these are to do with the hack-job trailer wiring underneath. Going to buy a Haynes manual tonight and try to get that sorted out ASAP. Next up: oil & filter change, and coolant flush/thermostat swap.

Pics to follow!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the C6 and 4.10s I get about 2200 RPM at 45 MPH and 3000 at 68, bounces off the governor at around 82. Not a fast setup, good off the line, but I'd rather have teh fuel efficiency, so I'm swapping in 3.55s, can't live with the 3.08s, can't haul my boat or a cord of wood even most likely with them,
J.D.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel JD said:
With the C6 and 4.10s I get about 2200 RPM at 45 MPH and 3000 at 68, bounces off the governor at around 82. Not a fast setup, good off the line, but I'd rather have teh fuel efficiency, so I'm swapping in 3.55s, can't live with the 3.08s, can't haul my boat or a cord of wood even most likely with them,
J.D.

Yup, 2200 at 45mph is about where I'm at too. I guess I'm just used to the AOD in the Mustang! I have an exhaust leak, too, that makes it sound like it's running harder than is actually is. Need to get that fixed -- true duals, maybe? How much power do you suppose I can gain going from stock-sized, Y-piped exhaust to duals?

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW -- I got under the truck to look at that exhaust leak, and it appears that I have a newer or rebuilt C6 -- the case is nicely painted gray, while the engine is dirty and oily. The tranny is far too clean to be original to the truck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online