Tdi

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
You VW boys are sure quite out there. My NB TDI just keeps going and going and going and going and going. 50+mpg:D
54 is the best I got on it yet.:) I know you Jetta and Golf fellows are doing better than that. If you keep your damn foot out of it.LOL

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Hey Larry, How does that thing run? How does it compare to a mid-sized sedan with a V6? My wife drives a Saturn LS2 w/ V6 and auto, but I about have her convinced to get a TDI. Her car gets 30 mpg which isn't bad, but her previous Saturn got 40+ and she misses that especially with fuel prices going out of site. We need a decent road car, but I can't seem to find many used TDI's, but I'm not ruling out a new one:D

Whit

Reaction score
Tim,
Quit being so cheep and go buy her a TDI, she will love you to death for it!!! :cool

Cheers Kevin

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
http://www.tdiclub.com will tell you all you want to know about the VW TDI.The Golf and Jetta have the same engine frame as the NB just a different body style.More aerodynamic too.Best I have got is 54+ on mine.Easy to get 700+ on a tank.I think the Passat has a TDI in them now.They have increased the hp from 90 on mine to 100 on the new ones.I think the Passat has still a bigger engine.You just have to drive one to see how they perform.I think you will be :eek: As they get more miles on them the better they run.Mine is stock except for the EGR mod.Change oil in it every 10000,fuel filter and air filter 20000.I got 67307 on it walked out of the shop on to the floor and looked here at work.Only thing I have done to it besides schedule maint. is a battery.They have increase the timming belt time on the new ones to I think 100,000.
I had all this typed up(well most of it cause I done forgot most of it:D )went back to get the link to Freds come back here and it was gone. Dumb :confused: :***: must of hit the wrong buttonLOL Any more question just ask are get in touch with that other :confused: :idiot: Whitmore and he can give you my email.If he ain't lost it cause you know how he is.