Tail lights swapable?

Max Power

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the tail lights off of an 03 Chev will work on an 03 GMC? I think I saw somewhere that they need a little modifying. I am sure someone has tried. I have a GMC and I think I like the Chevy Tail lights better.

Anyone interseted in swapping GMC tail lights for Chevy?

Part # and price by chance?

OnTheEdge

Reaction score
I did the swap... Sorry man, forgot the part number.... Had to put on a new connector, but it was well worth the 20 minute install....

BIGMoe

Reaction score
Max Power, I have a left hand taillight off an 03 chevy. A lady backed into my pickup and put a little scratch in the light, as well as $900.00 damage to the left side of the bed. It has a small scratch that could be polished out with some rubbing compound.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hey Max, what's the difference between the two?
Why do you want to swap? Chev got yellow turn signals or something?

Max Power

Reaction score
Originally posted by rubberfish
Hey Max, what's the difference between the two?
Why do you want to swap? Chev got yellow turn signals or something?

Chevy is all red. GMC has yellow signal. The Chevy looks better to me. Cleaner. I will see if I can find some pictures.

BIGMoe, you have PM :)

rubberfish

Reaction score
Both look good to me. Personaly, I'd stick with yellow. I wish mine had them. They seem to be more visible in heavy traffic. Amber rear signals seem to stick out like a dogs nuts:)

TheBac

UPS guy
Reaction score
You need to have the harnesses for the '03 tails, because of the extra sidemarker light. Just go to the junkyard and get the lights and harnesses....they just plug right in..no wires to move in the plugs or anything. Really simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin