T-19 questions

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
The bolt pattern looks the same so I would say that yes, with the right bell, it will bolt up. Doubt the clutch stuff would work. 75 is a good price if it is in usable condition. If possible, pull the cover and check the reverse gears. Those were pretty ground up on mine and parts were next to impossible to find.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't see the bell housing, but if you want one, stop by my place with a Coors 12pack and you'll go home with a 6.9/7.3 bell housing. I have an extra thanks to an enterprising thief this last weekend. He made off with a t19 4x4 trans. good thing was he took the one that was out in the weather for the last 3 years;Sweet

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of the clutch hydraulics, the clutch stuff is 6.9 or 460, they use the same clutch and hydraulics. A bell and a 6.9 flywheel and you're good to go.
Ford only installed the T19 behind the 6.9 and 460, so, it's highly likley that's what it was last installed behind.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
From the looks of the clutch hydraulics, the clutch stuff is 6.9 or 460, they use the same clutch and hydraulics. A bell and a 6.9 flywheel and you're good to go.
Ford only installed the T19 behind the 6.9 and 460, so, it's highly likley that's what it was last installed behind.

^ what he said.

460 clutch, pressure plate and tob are the same for the 460 and the 6.9 T-19 combos, just different flywheels and bellhousings.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
third gear differs between the gas unit and the diesel unit. The gasser is usable but you'll be relearning your driving style a little. The company that sent me mine sent a gasser instead of a diesel unit and I can definitely tell a difference when towing.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is. I know I have to get to a higher rpm before I can shift to third and it won't pull a hill like the old one would. I've got a two-wheel drive I'll be tearing apart and swapping around parts to get mine right in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online