Swonk!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'01 chebbie :confused: durapop, loaded short of leather on the inside, plain white work truck on the outside, she sure does tow my 7k kubota and trailer nice! :hail I'll see what I can do about pictures ;Sweet

Congrats....Although I'm not a chebby fan, and never will be due to too many problems in the past, I don't see no cause fer a whuppin.

At least it's an OILBURNER unlike stickers and ummmmmmmm what's her name:D ;Poke :popcorn .

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
NapaBavarian are you gonna at least keep your IDI?

I intend to keep the IDI and fix 'er up :thumbsup: but I need a truck that runs and I need it NOW, my truck is my office and a newer truck has a heck of a lot going for it, spending arround 2 hours a day in the truck means comfort is important, and the ability to haul 8-12k up a hill means a lot too, the IDI is a project and the shop isn't gonna happen any time soon :mad: -cuss so I bought one that already works and I'll deal with the rest later.

The chebby comes with its own problems, but they are hopefully more managable in my current situation, there is a good chance that the heads are comming off soon to replace head gaskets :puke: but it looks like I mean buisness with signs on the side so maby I can make more $$$, gonna need it with $1k a month in tractor and truck payments :puke: :puke: :puke:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I intend to keep the IDI and fix 'er up :thumbsup: but I need a truck that runs and I need it NOW, my truck is my office and a newer truck has a heck of a lot going for it, spending arround 2 hours a day in the truck means comfort is important, and the ability to haul 8-12k up a hill means a lot too, the IDI is a project and the shop isn't gonna happen any time soon :mad: -cuss so I bought one that already works and I'll deal with the rest later.

but it looks like I mean buisness so maby I can make more $$$,

couldnt have said it better myself. i had all the same reasons for buying a newer truck. though i think needing HGs would have scared me off. good luck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your keeping the IDI. I'll focus on that for a moment. :shake:

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after you get some new head gaskets under those (aluminum :rotflmao :rotflmao) heads, bring the truck by! Can't say I've ever looked under the hood of a cheby at one of those Isuzu motors. Oh yea.......SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
And to think, I loaned you my injection pump!!(Just kidding!!:rotflmao)

At least you're keeping the 6.9L!!!!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Um, yeah, it has the allison 1000 ;Sweet a big part of the reason I wanted it over a newer Ford, when in doubt have the guys who build truck transmissions build yours, a SuperDuty with a 7.3 and a 6 speed would have goten me first, but that just dosn't exist arround here in 4x4 trim :dunno

It may not be the HGs that are leaking, the TSB I found indicates injector seals, she dosn't leak much empty, but it is noticable if I keep my eyes on the coolant level and tow 8k

I'll stop by pete- let you poke some fun at this Denali of the truck world :thumbsup: