SWEET BABY Jesus!!

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright.,..after 3 days..(well 2 days and a couple hours..probably 20hrs total twistin wrenches n hatin van engineers)..as seen here.. http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40178

OH MY GOD!!...

Ive never seen her build boost like that!!

Ive never had her SHIFT correctly..it always lasily drops from first right to second and with some coaxing it will stay in 2nd for a little otherwise by 35 im already in 3rd...

took the first pass easy...actually DOWNSHIFTS into 2nd for the first time EVER..(without dropin it by hand)...

Ive seen some higher EGT's...(800-900..once saw 1050)..on long hard WFO (wide frickin open) hill assults..but on the little ****** by the house I saw 800!!(normaly 450)..little puff of grey smoke on the kick-*** shift into high gear...but no "coal"..(might have to turn it up..but waitin for a few days)...gotta see what the temps do..

6080lbs should NOT ROCKET like this...seriously...its freakin AWSOME!!..she's gone from a Inline 6 (stock)...to a 351 (turbo)...to a 460 EATER!!!!!

she's only EVER slipped a tire on wet turns...so im gonna see if she will lay some rubber tommorow...its too dark to enjoy them tonight!

I dunno what yall spendin yer money on...but ya need some lovin from Type4 with his matched injectors and pump built for a turbo...:hail:hail

more later...gotta get the doghouse on and pass seat in...wanna go drive!!:D

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Sounds like the results made up for the misery? Glad it's running so well now! Let us know if it lays rubber.:sly

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, read your other thread. I'm glad we don't have any 6.9 cut-away buses at work any more:D What inj pump is this? From Type4 you say. How is it exactly set up for a turbo, and how would it differ from a Moose product? Enquiring minds want to know!
Travis..

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, read your other thread. I'm glad we don't have any 6.9 cut-away buses at work any more:D What inj pump is this? From Type4 you say. How is it exactly set up for a turbo, and how would it differ from a Moose product? Enquiring minds want to know!
Travis..

im not sure what the diffrence is...I beleive its a rebuild for a factory turbo motor..with some extras..my recolection of the moose is for some SERIOUS power makin!!...

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well as per the reason I dont own a corvette....the drive to work today was like a parade...every SINGLE person that got infront of me..did 5mph UNDER the speed limit...:mad:

Ive gotta adjust the trans vac modulator on the IP...its holdin the shifts too long..

did see her build boost on hills its never done that too before!

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well a couple days of runnin....

and still havnt gotten a strech of clear road!!...

its got a bit of a lope at idle in gear....thinkin im a bit to advanced?...more like a chug than lope...needs smoothed out a bit...;Sweet

other than that...Im enjoyin the heck outta it!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
well a couple days of runnin....

and still havnt gotten a strech of clear road!!...

its got a bit of a lope at idle in gear....thinkin im a bit to advanced?...more like a chug than lope...needs smoothed out a bit...;Sweet

other than that...Im enjoyin the heck outta it!!

idle to low maybe??

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad the "fun" of working on the van has paid dividends of performance for you. The timing may be the culprit for the lobe. May be it is a bit far advanced. It is amazing what a fresh fuel system will do for these IDI's.

Enjoy the ride!;Sweet:peelout

Heath

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would leave the lope alone; eliminating the lope might also eliminate the performance. :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lope is a problem with the IP. Sticky govenor assembly. Just run it, and if your lucky it will go away. Joe Perry's DPS pump did that from day one, and it never went away. This is the kind of issue you get with a rebuild done with shortcuts. It is what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online