stuck injector

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
HI, I am doing a sidewinder kit, new IP and injectors, and back left will not budge. I have put heat on it, soaked it, and done everything but break it. Suggestions?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My guess is the copper gasket is leaking and now the bore is filled with carbon. the carbon will cause the injector to become very difficult to remove. Use a breaker bar about 2 or 3 ft long. If the tip comes off please come back for more help.

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Well, Watched videos and got one removed, but second one I have stripped the threads on the nozzle inside head. It has moved and I cleaned everything above it. Took some jb weld and put on threads and set it back on and called it a nite . Will try an=gain after work today. Any tips on this dilemma. Thread tape just slid right out. Thanks guys, Steve

gandalf

Reaction score
... second one I have stripped the threads on the nozzle inside head. ...

Could you explain that a bit better? "...stripped the threads on the nozzle inside the head" ?? Do you mean threads on the injector or threads on the bore hole? Threads on a male part or a female part?

Did the injector come apart and only a portion come out? If that's the case there are specific instructions for you, but since you're going to hit the sack and continue tomorrow I'm not going to go into it (no pun intended) at 3am.

Let us know if that is what happened.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't strip the threads. Did you read that link I posted? It explains everything, it's a write up on this exact issue

Last edited:

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
You can't strip the threads. Did you read that link I posted? It explains everything, it's a write up on this exact issue
Yes I read it completely I removed first one with no problem. Second one was coming and when I was getting it out when I wiggled the top part of the injector it came loose from the nozzle. You can feel it threading but it's like the nozzle part of the threads are expanded. I tried Teflon tape it pulls it out. I put hb weld on threads last nite in hops that when I get home it will come out.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried grinding the threads off the top part of the injector? That is likely what is preventing you from screwing back into the nozzle

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Yes I already removed 1 stuck nozzle. I have ground both in hopes the threads were better on other. It's threading but stripped. I would think carbon is all that holds the nozzle in there and it moved. Maybe I can soak it in hopes I get rid of all the carbon and maybe it will come out. I don't know how the truck was even running after pulling the injectors.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may come down to...google internal pipe wrench....see if that may work...but ya...soak crap outta it....

What makes u say it is stripped

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online