Stroker swap

1993 f-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i am going to replace my whole cab and front clip with a 92 body. its in alot better shape than mine lol. my dad and i were talking today about it and he came up with the idea of putting his 99 powerstroke in it while it was easy to access. and since i have to change all the wiring over why not just put that motor in. just want some opinions and answers to a few questions. would the e4od bolt right to the powerstroke? Would it be better to just put the powerstroke turbo oon it or should go for a cummins swap? like i said im gonna be tearing it down to frame and ripping out the interior of the other one since its a gasser. also does the 4r100 trannny and motor have the same mounts as the e4od and ih mmotor? all input and thoughts are greatly appreciated. tthanks a milion;Sweet

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
you need a gen 9 powerstrok harness underhood and underdash the E4od will bolt to the powerstroke and drop right in the same mounts as the idi you cant use the 4r100 unless you retro-fit the superduty wiring harness to your truck

1993 f-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all the wireing harness and and complete motor from the powerstroke. i do know that i need the computers since my dad sold them. thanks for the help. sounds like you have done this before. how did it work out for you? im sure its gonna be easy since ill have the cab off and also have the interior tore apart since id have to switch wiring over anyhow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online