Stock nylon fuel lines or rubber fuel lines??

Mad Maxine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attachment fail.

Wha happened??
When I click on the link the pics come up...
In any case, is there a way to post pics directly with the text? I thought that was what the insert picture icon was for, but it just put in a link.....

Eh, sorry to,have hijacked the thread....

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you attach in the "Quick Reply" window, it fails. If you use "Go Advanced" and attach from that window, it works. (shrug)

And it's not a hijack if it's your own thread....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you attach in the "Quick Reply" window, it fails. If you use "Go Advanced" and attach from that window, it works. (shrug)

And it's not a hijack if it's your own thread....

that depends if you have a box cutter or not.....

:eek:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I've had a giggle. If you look at my build thread you can see what I did. I ran aluminum lines with ridges in them and used hose to make couplings. I figure it gives me options and any parts store should have the parts to get it back on the road if I have a problem.

If you do use Hose, get fuel injection style clamps not the cheap worm drive things.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my nylon/ Viton lines off and replaced with rubber up until the switch. On the engine side I spliced into the stock lines with a nylon line coupler (metal) and double clamped a rubber hose to fit onto the new selector valve. I installed one of the newer generation valves and it reguired me to convert the plug style. The stock lines didn't fit the fuel ports as the new fuel ports were too big. My front tank sender works but the rear is shot, but at least I wont be left sitting on the side of the road again.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently the FSV has 'evolved' into the situation where the fuel lines have to be altered to make the evolutionary process complete.

This takes the Darwin prize for sure...

Damit, why can't they stop trying to fix things that ain't broke?

Drives me crazy...
attachment.php

Last edited:

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with what I want to say is a FSV3 valve but I'm not 100% sure. I think the IDI uses a fsv1. I know the correct version with the ports etc is out there, but I opted to modify to the fsv3 since it was more commonly available everywhere I looked and the version I went with came with a warranty that could easily be taken back to advanced if need be. I know the rubber can crack and break over time but I'm fairly confident it shouldn't leak/ allow air intrusion.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find the correct one with the correct fittings etc. but they are $$$$ and I don't think most parts stores have them. The one I used came in an AC Delco box. I may have put a Chevy part on my truck. :eek: I hope it doesn't reject it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has the money and power behind it to go to Pollack and spec a valve out that is custom made for them. That's part of the problem. Just like they go to bolt vendors and get weird bolts made up that you can't get in the hardware store.