Still hard starting, WHY!!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Russ said, try it without touching the fuel feed. Mine will crank and crank if I even move it before cranking. If I don't touch it, it will literally be started before it cranks one revolution, cold/hot, whatever! I let the gp's cycle, crank it and it's running almost instantly, touch the fuel feed, and it will turn over 4-5 times maybe more before it fires off.

Will try when it warms up a bit, maybe in an hour or so..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of starter do you have on? I had to get a new starter for my truck a few years back and thanks to the guys on here i put a gear reduction starter on ( i believe that's what its called ) WHOOOOOA, did that make it spin over quicker and start faster!! ;Sweet

Who makes it, where can i get it and how much $$

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you have one on now? They had pictures of the difference between a reg. starter and a gear red. starter on here before, do a search on this. Also as said do not give it any fuel when trying to start, at least thats what my manual says unless it is below ( i forget the actual temp ) 32 degree's then i think it said half throttle

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went and plugged in the block heater.. It's 29 degree's outside, i know now when i try to start it it wont be a cold start, but lets just see how it starts on the block heater not touching the go pedal. What do you guy's think??

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did a quick search on here and found the pictures of the difference in the starters, i tried to post them on this thread but dont know how to do it, i just typed in gear reduction starter in the search box and they came up.

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've never had to use the block heater on mine since i switched starters ;Sweet

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've never had to use the block heater on mine since i switched starters ;Sweet

No both mine are the factory style, just looked. One nice thing is the one from the parts truck says MADE IN THE USA on it..

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep thats what it looks like, wait till some of the other fellows chime in here, they will tell you what brand gear red. starters are the best. IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERECE!! At least it helped me out! ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online