Sticky IP throttle rod

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
This new-to-me Uhaul IP, if I put the throttle down more than 3/4, it gets STUCK. Had a couple white-knuckle corners, and I'm tired of it. I've worked the throttle rod back and forth on the IP with vise-grips til my arm was dead, and it's only slightly better. Is there a way to free up the rod, or does a sticky throttle rod condemn the pump

T.I.A

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is most likely the advance mechanism inside sticking either from a bad rebuild or moisture that caused rust on the shaft from sitting to long.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Well, tonight I clamped on the vise-grips and gave it another 20 minutes of work. Now it'll go about 80% before sticking. Guess it'll have to work itself looser over time

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had luck getting mine to move pretty well using Aero Kroil! Ran the engine out of fuel by piching the line then pulled the top cover off the ip and filled it and the filter full of Aero Kroil (keep the fuel line from the tank pinched) then ran the engine for about 10 seconds and let it sit over night and the next day it was near 85% better.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Could you fill the IP through the return port on the top-front of it, or does the cover need taken off...

Thanks for the help

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure it only takes a min or two to pull the cover! Really simple just make sure you re-install it right or the engine won't shut off!! I buy it right from kano labs

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Aerokroil..... I put that **** on everything....:eek::rotflmao:angel: It really works just like it promises too. If you feel it didn't work you send back the used can and get your money back. I make this promise. you will never send it back.:thumbsup::sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online