Steering problems? Here's something that worked great for me.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
After totally rebuilding the frontend on my 85. (From King Pins/Lower steering shaft, and new poly bushings) I still had a little bit of a vauge feel, and slight wander.

I ordered a set of these.

For such a simple little device, it sure helped! The truck tracks straight, and true. It doesn't seem like it'd do much. But as you install them, you can see the radius arm bushings compress, and tighten up on the brackets. Where they were fairly loose before. It worked wonders for me.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'll ask the seller if it can be used on f350's. Thanks for the link.

Also, you posted some time ago about two parts from napa, one a cast iron steering pump and a clutch cylinder that was very easy to bleed.

Sorry if I go off topic but I wanted to know.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I don't recall the cast iron pump. The Napa clutch stuff all came together in a kit. It was 9 mo's ago, so I don't have the P# any more. I'm sure if you go in, they can set ya on the right path.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I could not find it with the search engine and I think it was You who posted the parts, anyway I will go and ask them.

Thank You.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
After totally rebuilding the frontend on my 85. (From King Pins/Lower steering shaft, and new poly bushings) I still had a little bit of a vauge feel, and slight wander.

I ordered a set of these.

For such a simple little device, it sure helped! The truck tracks straight, and true. It doesn't seem like it'd do much. But as you install them, you can see the radius arm bushings compress, and tighten up on the brackets. Where they were fairly loose before. It worked wonders for me.

I hate to sound like a cheapo but they look like washers made of reinforced rubber. :confused: Just looks like something I might be able to scratch up at the surplus store.
Can definately see how they would help. The washer on the left side of mine rings on bumps, brand new bushings.