Steering column

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yeah, I recently grabbed one out of a 97 at the boneyard for my 92 after 6 months of searching for one that the computer said was supposed to fit. All I have to do is change out the lower bracket where it bolts up with the one off my old column and not plug the airbag plug into anything. although it would be interesting to see if I could find an aftermarket inertia switch to trigger the thing , It would lower my insurance rates :D So far I haven't been able to find any aftermarket air bag parts.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I recently grabbed one out of a 97 at the boneyard for my 92 after 6 months of searching for one that the computer said was supposed to fit. All I have to do is change out the lower bracket where it bolts up with the one off my old column and not plug the airbag plug into anything. although it would be interesting to see if I could find an aftermarket inertia switch to trigger the thing , It would lower my insurance rates :D So far I haven't been able to find any aftermarket air bag parts.
I wouldn't want airbags in that gen F450. you hit a hard bump and those suckers are deploying:eek:

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would an airbag wheel work on a non airbag column? Im sure it will fit the shaft, but what about the horn and cruise contacts? I like the looks of the airbag style wheels better is all, dont care if it works.