Startin' to think STACKS!

tractorman86

Reaction score
nothing wrong with that, that's all that's held me back on my truck, the wallet seems to be kinda hard to get outta the pocket most of the time.LOL

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with that, that's all that's held me back on my truck, the wallet seems to be kinda hard to get outta the pocket most of the time.LOL
Funny, mine's getting easier to pull out of my pocket all the time.
Mainly 'cause it is so thin and empty from paying these outrageous prices for fuel!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm debating stacks too....If I do it I will use a pair of 4" mitre cuts pipes in the box flush with the roof of the cab for a clean appearance until I un-cork it...LOL

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 5" because I got a sweet deal on em & 3" stacks remind me too much of a mud bog truck. 5" has a nice deep sound too it. ;p

That's the beauty of having the gaurds like what comes with those side pipes. They gaurds are over 4" diameter so the pipes don't look so skinny ;)

Plus the gaurds make them look like a miniature version of the stacks on a bug rig :thumbsup:

With no mufflers and nothing but the turbo to quiet it down, mine sounds plenty deep and throaty enough to me - and splitting it to two 3" stacks will just make it sound even lower and throatier.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my best effort at photochopping a set of those "lake pipes" vertically as stacks onto a picture of my truck.

vbpgimage.php

What do you think? I like it....

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look a bit outta place there, with the cab narrowing towards the top and the stacks sticking out further. I'm actually thinking of stacks for my '90 dually now, I too will have to get creative with it as I have a cap so I can't just bring em up through the bed like I did with my old C10...

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Way too short for a cabover camper, even with out the camper your going to get a face full of exhaust when you walk by.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way too short for a cabover camper, even with out the camper your going to get a face full of exhaust when you walk by.

Only if you're over 7 foot tall! I'm 6' tall and the top of the cab is about a 6" above my head, and the top of the stacks would be another 2" or so above the cab.

BUT the stacks can't stick up above the cab more than a couple of inches without possibly hitting the cabover of the camper - unless I set them out a few inches wider...

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to do a pic with the cap on.

Yeah, easier said than done, Mel. It's not a cap - it's a full cabover camper and an old HEAVY one at that. The thing probably weighs 1500 pounds :D

With it on there's about 3" of daylight between the top of the cab and the bottom of the cabover...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger