started clacking louder

mainiac

Reaction score
Did this the other night on the way home.
The motor ( 83 6.9 ) started sounding like the advance solenoid came on and the black smoke was billowing out the exhaust.

I shut it down and restarted it, and it did it still. It came out of it a few seconds after I restarted it. Did this 2 or 3 times last winter, too.

Thoughts?

sassyrel

Reaction score
well-the sensor by the thermostat is what kicks it on--maybe thats headed south???

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
How many miles on the injectors.
Possible one of em is sticking open and dumping a bunch of fuel into the cylinder. That will cause the timing to advance on that cylinder if the injector is sticking open , also a good indication of the black smoke. Too much fuel or not enough air.
A good dose of some power service or your local flavors might help things temporarily.
Tell us more about your truck.
Mileage, trans, body etc. ;Sweet

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
The temp sensor in the intake that controls the idle advance and fast idle, when it takes a dump, you r truck will go in and out of fast idle and or advance time. Thus the rattle from your motor. I wired in a toggle on my dash to control my fast idle and fuel advance. It's kind of nice to be able to control these functions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online