Stalling... please help!!!

Mr. Bob

Reaction score
OK... After I ran my truck on the dyno at BD last weekend I went to back the truck off the dyno.... it stalled.... it had never done that before... Then I backed up a bit, put my foot on the clutch again, and it stalled...

Drove the truck home that night, it was OK, drove the truck last Sunday and it was OK....

Took the truck out thursday night, and got fuel... also added a good dose of additive ( running howes ) knowing it had stalled....

Today I took the truck out... Drove it a block, stoped, went to back up, stalled... it stalled 4 times more when moving around in parking lots, it stalled once when I put my foot on the clutch doing 100 KM/H ( 60 MPH)

On my adventure today I got a new fridge for our house. I waited for my wife to get home to help me move it... I went out to move the truck and it stalled 4 times in a row in front of our house...

Here is what has been done to the truck...

- new lift pump
- injector return line caps, O rings, and lines
- new fuel filter and raycor filter 3000 KMs ago

never let my tank go below half as the gauge does not work below half, always runs Howes additive in each tank....

Is my IP on its way out?? seem to still have good power, no more somke than normal, maybe a slight decrease in milage....

Any thoughs... run a few more tanks of double dosed additives and see what happens????

Thanks guys!
Bob

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the rubber lines to and from the lift pump. I chased a similar problem on a friends truck, and turns out we had a leaky rubber line to the lift pump allowing it to suck air and lose it's prime...

Ryan

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
All it takes is one real bad batch of fuel to do you in. Have you tried changing the filter since the stalling problem started?

--------Robert

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like a bad wire, short or connection to the shut off solenoid, don't rule the solenoid out either.

May want to test fuel pressure too, just because the lift pump is new doesn't mean it's good.

Another possibility is some joker put a rag or something in the tank and it is hitting the pick up occasionally.

I don't think there is much more that could cause this other than what has already been mentioned in this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online