Spicer Auxiliary on ebay

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, there is a 3 speed Brownie box on ebay , The guy's price looks a bit high, but for a complete rebuilt unit, that's already cleaned up and hes got about $700 or so worth of brand new ujoint flange yokes and companion flanges there, probably not a bad deal for someone with that kind of cash to spend who doesn't feel line having to go through one themself. Looks like the only thing missing is the front floating mount sleeve and for mounting in a pickup, I don't think that's all that important, moreso for big trucks where you have an extensive amount of frame flex when taking off under load

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
damn wish i had the moeny id pick that up rite now im getting tired of just my 4speed and 410 rear not really the crusin set up

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
RLDSL, how's your brownie install going?

I had some delays getting to the thing. I have it sitting on the bench right now waiting for me to have time to put the new seals in the thing. I have all the seals and wear sleeves and a case of Locktite 518 anaerobic gasket maker to put it back together ( some of the gaskets are no longer available for mine, the Spicer places all recomend the Locktite 518 for sealing the things up, I got lucky and scored a case of the big tubes on ebay pretty cheap.)

Been measuring up for where to set the thing. I need to get an angle gauge to figure the driveshaft angles to see where it is going to fit best. it's either got to go right behind the tranny, or back under the bed, but the rear shaft angle might get a little too steep if I set it under the bed. Only way I'll know for sure is to get it back together and yank the driveshafts out and poke it in there on a the tranny jack and see how it fits.

If I had a suspension lift or big tires it wouldn't be so critical, but with everything stock on that long frame crew cab, I don't want anything hanging down too low right in the middle or something's likely to go bump in the night :eek: -cuss