Special u-bolts on the back end of a Gear Vendors?

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I've not been on lately, just too many projects to do and not enough time.

I finally got the Gear Vendors (GV) installed after about a year of putting it off. Unit went in with a couple of hitches, particularly the speedo drive, which required a right angle adapter (a spendy little item I might add).

The drive line was shortened wonderfully by Aukeen Driveline in Kent (I highly recommend them!) and the rear yoke on the pumpkin bolts up just fine, but the yoke on the GV will not accept the ubolts that were on the drive shaft. The holes in the GV yoke are slightly wider center-to-center than what the stock ubolts are.

Does GV require a special ubolt for their overdrives? Seems kind of stupid to me that they would do such a thing. The local parts stores in the neighborhood don't have the ubolts that I need and I of course can't widen the ubolts with the tools that I have here (it would probably weaken them anyway).

I'm hoping that NAPA in downtown Renton has what I need. The ubolts only need to be about a 1/16" wider to fit. All hung up because of a 5 buck part. I really steam when that happens.:mad: :mad:

Advice always appreciated.

suv7734

Reaction score
Dorman has a few different ones listed. Check out this page. There are u-bolts for 1 1/8", 1 1/4" and 1 5/16" applications. Dorman is the company that provides all the "Help" products available at most parts stores so your local one should be able to order them if they don't have them.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with Schmucks, and they had the same brand but didn't have the size that I needed. I'm thinking that it's the 1-5/16" size that I need. I'm heading down to the parts store as soon as I get some breakfast down the coal chute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online