Special designed WVO-Glow-Plugs for 7.3idi - available soon

sieg01

Reaction score
Relating to my thread here: https://www.oilburners.net/threads/7-3idi-wvo-and-glow-plugs.91408/

During March/April I will expect a shipment of especially designed glow plugs for the 7.3idi engines. - I have to order this weekend to make the schedule happen.

Idea is to bring the starting experience to a new level - especially in conjunction with alternative fuel(s) and in particular with WVO.
They will probably cost 2-3 times more than the normal ones, currently available (depending on manufacturer).

Who would like to join the order?

How it came to this:
I am not happy with my experience with the life span and functionality of "my" Beru GV823 (sold as Motocraft ZD9) or "my" Adelco 32G in conjunction with WVO.

I spoke with a friend who has long term experience with Mercedes/Bosch and WVO. For such systems special glow plugs are available. There are probably also more Mercedes WVO users out there...
He has the contact and he offered me to design them for my motor too.

More benefits of these new 7.3idi Glow Plugs are:
- fast start
and
- post-heating

In case you are interested in them and the price doesn't scare you, you could write a PM via this forum.

Pricing:
The price is so much higher in comparison with others, as they will produce only the small quantity I am looking for. But if I order quantities with 4-digits or more, then I would expect that the price per piece should go down.

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
Have a demo video of one of these plugs???????. I honestly dont know that it really could do much if any more, given the size restriction.

In any case, the trouble with starting with alternative fuels has not been lack of cylinder heat, rather viscosity/atomization issues.

Regardless, I am very interested to see the how these plugs function, if they hold up, more heat is better.

Last edited:

sieg01

Reaction score
Yes, the size is restricted.
I'll take pictures once I received them.
And yes, First I'll install them in my van - to hopefully experience changes in the performance - before I would considering shipping them to any other 7.3idi driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online