SOS!!! park failed, rolled back into road, jacked knifed trailer, damage!!!!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, CUBEY!!! And Can't write! The craigslist ad for this 81 class c is updated with pictures of the interior! I ain't that bad. If y'all can get it to NW Florida, I'll make it go. And hey that's a fine looking dog you keep, Cubey. I have 4 bulldogs to guard my children and livestock, it probably only takes one to protect a motorhome....... unless the parking gear don't catch. Anyway that 81 is worth a look, I wish it was closer to me.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, CUBEY!!! And Can't write! The craigslist ad for this 81 class c is updated with pictures of the interior! I ain't that bad. If y'all can get it to NW Florida, I'll make it go. And hey that's a fine looking dog you keep, Cubey. I have 4 bulldogs to guard my children and livestock, it probably only takes one to protect a motorhome....... unless the parking gear don't catch. Anyway that 81 is worth a look, I wish it was closer to me.
I support you in buying it!! It would be tempting if I didn't have young kids and a wife and self-inflicted "to-do's" that come with buying a neglected house in the mtns.....all without a garage :mad:

My van is going to serve as our "scenery searching sleep machine" complete with the "hygiene delete" option as to increase our "personal space" at all the "attractions" LOL :***:

I think you should fill the bed up with a WMO tank (~8'*4'*2' = 64 cubic ft ~ 480 gallons ~ 3600 lbs. :eek:) on that dually and head west!!! ~2000 miles ...... @ 10 miles a gallon @ 55 mph of course. You should not need to fill up!! Airbags, trailer, plus a come-along, and your guarding angel!! (better yet, flat-tow it!!) That sounds like a heck of a fun road trip!! The farm will maintain itself .....

In all honesty, its around 7.5 - 8 hours from me, but if you are serious, I will help however I can. I have friends on the front range of CO that I have not seen in 5 years, so a trip for me is due.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have basically all the same issues as can'twrite, except I'm in the NW Florida jungle. I literally fight jungle, while in sure you figure rock slides or avalanches (I've never really seen a mountain, only pictures, I'm sure they exist though). We'll just have to let this one pass.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak there we go "Drinkin' and Dreamin'" man the things I would do if things played out differently. God has blessed me with a beautiful family, and a beautiful life in the foothills of the San Juans!!

If you ever wanna see the Rockies, come base out of my place, the San Juans have the highest concentration of 13 and 14k' mountains in all of this "young range".

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I got a direct call from the insurance adjuster, looks like they'll pay me the maximum insured amounts for both and let me keep both ($3500 for the RV, $2500 for the trailer) but he has to confirm with whoever above him. The RV valve is what i put in back in 2019, guess i should have put in more at some point but oh well lol. since it's mostly cosmetic damage to the RV, I don't really care. That pays for the transmission and wreck repairs with some left over.

The trailer payout makes up for it anyway.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a direct call from the insurance adjuster, looks like they'll pay me the maximum insured amounts for both and let me keep both ($3500 for the RV, $2500 for the trailer) but he has to confirm with whoever above him. The RV valve is what i put in back in 2019, guess i should have put in more at some point but oh well lol. since it's mostly cosmetic damage to the RV, I don't really care. That pays for the transmission and wreck repairs with some left over.

The trailer payout makes up for it anyway.
Glad it's working out, Cubey. I can't stand insurance, but it sounds like you made out decent on it. I'm glad they didn't "total" it, that would have been a mess.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak there we go "Drinkin' and Dreamin'" man the things I would do if things played out differently. God has blessed me with a beautiful family, and a beautiful life in the foothills of the San Juans!!

If you ever wanna see the Rockies, come base out of my place, the San Juans have the highest concentration of 13 and 14k' mountains in all of this "young range".
I appreciate that, if you ever want to chew air come to majestic NW Florida! But I have an amazing wife and a bunch of children myself. And dairy cows, cows don't milk themselves.
So, we'll just have to vicariously live through Cubey! I'm hoping that he starts an "Adventures of Lucy" thread after this insurance bit, but more of a Hallmark channel edition where things go well and there's no drama (ie failing transmission or insurance claims) and since it "full time RVing" no "happy ending" just "happy going". I'm really hinting at something here Cubey, I mean, if you can get 13+ pages of transmission rebuild you can totally do it big with "Adventures of Lucy".

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Glad it's working out, Cubey. I can't stand insurance, but it sounds like you made out decent on it. I'm glad they didn't "total" it, that would have been a mess.

It depends on the state. I had a car that was deemed "totaled" by the responsible party's insurance, they gave me the value of the car, less a few hundred they'd have gotten sending it to the junkyard. They didn't do anything title wise.

I guess they figure I didn't have an inflated value on it, it couldn't be insurance fraud, especially with a $2300 receipt for the transmission just a month ago. Who spends $2300 then tries to total a $3500 vehicle? The dash cam video probably helped too. You can hear me trying to open the door but failing as it's rolling away, and see me walking after it when I realize it's out of my hands.

The trailer might get branded as totaled, since it suffered more severe damage, but it sounds like he's trying to avoid that, since I'd have to potentially take it back to Arkansas for state police safety inspection after repairs to be sure the box doesn't go flying off and into a vehicle behind. He knows I'm registered in Arkansas but am in the NW right now (he works out of WA, since that's where it occurred) so he's being helpful in that respect.

Progressive has been good to work with before. My last regular car was hit and run in a parking lot when it was parked. I used their own repair center (all closed be down now) and they charged me the least deductible that was on my policy which was in think $50 less than the hit & run coverage deductible.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If he's working out of Washington, they do brand titles over here in the NE. I've been in a handful of accidents (never at fault) and I've had 3 cars total out via their insurance, and they branded the title on me. Guess it depends if they push the paperwork through for it. Glad you're getting a decent payout for it though, silver linings?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all sounds too much like politics. I really can't stand insurance or politics. That's why I drive a mechanically injected diesel, no politically charged electronics just the boom chuck of pistons mysteriously making oil explode..... simple.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all sounds too much like politics. I really can't stand insurance or politics. That's why I drive a mechanically injected diesel, no politically charged electronics just the boom chuck of pistons mysteriously making oil explode..... simple.
Same here. That's why I drive a mechanically injected diesel AND a mechanically injected gasser (1985 Benz grey market version). No computers AND no emissions crap.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
If he's working out of Washington, they do brand titles over here in the NE. I've been in a handful of accidents (never at fault) and I've had 3 cars total out via their insurance, and they branded the title on me. Guess it depends if they push the paperwork through for it. Glad you're getting a decent payout for it though, silver linings?

But the title is Arkansas so it's mildly complicated. I think he's going about it so the RV won't be branded but the trailer might be unavoidable.

It may be they valve the RV for a lot, and the repairs won't total it, but the agreed value i put is more the repair cost to have shops fix it.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the trailer only to help unload/get rid of your storage unit? Or do you pull the trailer on all of your "RV traveling life on the road adventures with Lucy"?

And I like the idea of a Positive Thread regarding Adventures with Lucy!!! That sounds fun!!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Sadly, the RV salvage yard didn't have a complete toilet nor a base for mine. Nor can you seem to buy only the base, so I'm guessing I'll have to just buy whole new one. $180.

They did have the exact sewer hose carrier and plastic door for it that got busted on mine, for $20. So at least that can be put back to normal after the fiberglass gets patched up.

I also had to get a replacement trailer jack, $30. Good deal vs new and probably better quality than Amazon ones.

edit: actually, I messaged a couple people on FB with new open box RV toilets for much less than new for the two dfferent models, so maybe I can get one that way. No replies yet though, so..

Edit 2: hmmm the toilet isn't broken around the waste area, I don't think, just the flange mounting point. So, I think I'll try an $8 tube of Locktite high strength plastic epoxy: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-Plastic-Bonder-0-85-fl-oz-Epoxy-1360788/100371824

The broken area:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't read any really funny post on oil burners while you're on the toilet. So you don't start laughing too hard and break the seal and you should be fine with the epoxy. Just take your time and stay calm. Now if you're prone to giggling like salahdoor or me it would be best that you changed and maybe upgraded the toilet with a turbo charger, gear vendor, oil cooler, straight pipes, and some gauges to keep up with the other captain seat in the RV. Really, if the plumbing is fine and nothing is leaking, I'd think you're good.