Soon to be mine: The Minivan

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Minivan: '93 CC 7.3 ZF-5

I just mailed off a deposit check for a F-350 CC, so figured I'd better post up here and introduce myself! My name is Matt, and I reside in northern WI. Well that's done, now onto the interesting part!

The truck is a '93 7.3, turbo (don't even know which one!) ZF-5, 4x4 (d60), with a decent flatbed. It's a Montana truck, and has about half an hours worth of bodywork to straighten out. It has 300k miles on it, but the 7.3 was replaced about 120k ago with a reman unit (don't know who rebuilt it.)

The owner is a contractor that has been using it to haul the trailer from jobsite to jobsite, where it sits til the job is finished. He's put 70k on it in 7 years of owning it. He's not mechanically inclined, and the truck has been replaced due to the random parts that tend to wear out at 300k miles (fan clutch, alternator, steering components). The truck is well maintained with extensive service records.

The owner has been very clear about the truck, and I am confident I know what I'm getting. I'll be taking a bus out there over memorial day weekend and driving it 1000 miles back!

The name comes from the fact that one of my friends just bought a minivan, and I have been giving him sh*t about it ever since. "Hey look, I'm buying a minivan too!" Also, I can't just call it the Truck, since that names already claimed by my '72 ( the origin of my screen name).

Pics to come!

Last edited:

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Welcome to finally posting, Matt.

Just wanted to say that the stereotype is that guys get "sporty little two-seaters" when they reach a certain age. You can see mine in my profile pic!

Best of luck with your "new" wheels!

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^I haven't yet reached the age where I have to sell my 2-seater for a van! That's why I can give my buddy so much sh*t about his minivan!

I'll be using this truck to haul my car to the dragstrip.

Pics as promised:
You must be registered for see images attach

^smoke on a 40* cold start that the seller was a little worried about :D.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm leaving to go pick up the truck now! I should be meeting the owners at about 5.............. Tomorrow...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You rode a bus 1000 miles????

Holy crap man, you are determined!

Hah...got that beat hands down....totally across Canada in late Dec of 2003 From Penticton BC to Charlottetown dec 23rd arrival PEI 5600Km 3600 miles there bouts....then shortly after my dads health took bad turn...rode bus home got home feb 3rd 04....got there in time for his passing that was another trip like no other... so over 7000 miles in a couple months on the bus!

Nice truck ya got there by the way, looks darn fine, seems to be recently serviced with grease as it's coming out the nipple on the pitman arm!...

How bout shots of the engine woot!

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know! I spy fresh brake hoses too. I'm sure I'm quite a bit more anxious than you to see the engine bay, but I'm confident it's just as well maintained as the rest of the truck.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
well, I'll be heading back to Minot on sunday, so if you need any help with it I can give you a hand or a tow, depending on where it is needed.....

oh, just an fyi, Montana 16 north of Glendive is miles of 25mph construction/dirt right now if that's how you were going......

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thanks for the info and the offer!

I'm currently leaving Fargo. That's about 1/4 of the trip! This next leg should go pretty quick provided I can fall asleep :D

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I made it home! The only slight hangup was a blown taillight fuse.
Going through the records, this truck has been very well maintained. New IP 40k ago!

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's your engine bay pic, Riotwarrior! Nice and clean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online