So what y'all get for Christmas?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a great financial time for us, didnt really get much. With Mary being 7 months pregnant I bought her a wedding band that fits (she has been really sad she hasnt been able to wear her wedding ring for the past month and half or so). I got some tabasco jelly.

We spent it together though, thats all that matters to me.

Sometimes those are the best years and you're right, it really only matters that you were together.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We didn't get each other anything this year.. I was just thankful for being together this year. So we are off for another year of work and trials as they come.. Hope all had a great time with family..

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get much as far as presents go... just a book, a movie, and... a beard trimmer... the latter item, I was told, is "returnable," so I could find something more useful if I don't think its going to be practical. I'd probably never use it any time soon...

Of course, as most of you have already noted, the best part of Christmas was having dinner with family.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since it's just me these days, I didn't get anything yet. My Christmas bonus was all in funny money that spends "just like cash" in the little town of 600 where I work. I have my ways of getting it changed into cash and when I do, I'm gonna get myself enough items to be able to start reloading ammo.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Direct fit rubber floormats. Stink like hell right now, but look great

Mike

PICS of these floor mats please...I'm pondering a set would like to know how well they fit...you got carpet or vinyl floor?

Wife did NOT like the pack...she did like the electric fleece throw I got her.

Drove her up to uncle/aunts for Christmas was a blast huge bonfire Christmas eve and fireworks too...at a Neighbors house...was awesome...tons of people showed up and had a great time

She got me a travel mug with a carabiner I can hook to my NEW pack LOL

I got a few other little things, and a 100 PC screwdriver set from Canadian Tire! Nice stuff...

Well o way home today, I stopped and she got a nice 200PC screwdriver set, I got some metric and SAE 1/2" dr. Allen keys for shop and a new air chisel

We had so much fun and joy together it's been an incredibley wonderful time to say the least.

AL

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Same here. My girl got a new ring also. How's that jelly? I've seen the jalapeno jelly, just keep forgetting to drop some in the basket.

Its great! Not spicy at all, which is almost a let down, but a good sweet/peppery flavor.

Christmas would have been better but the 6.0 ate a EGR cooler (EGR delete $200), have had to buy 3 batteries the last month ($450), my car needs tires, and my DMF is making some serious noise in the TDI.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Its great! Not spicy at all, which is almost a let down, but a good sweet/peppery flavor.

Christmas would have been better but the 6.0 ate a EGR cooler (EGR delete $200), have had to buy 3 batteries the last month ($450), my car needs tires, and my DMF is making some serious noise in the TDI.

When it rains, it pours. I'll have to get some and try it. I have a recipe saved for a bacon jam that I need to make or have my gf do it.
Good luck on all the other stuff.

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got some good stuff, not really for christmas but more for because.
i quit drinking a few month ago, so this was my first sober christmas in about 10 years, much more fun this way.

biggest most awesome gift is yet to come...didn't get my daughter for the christmas weekend this year,
so santa is in a holding pattern until this weekend. got her a new bike, a bunch of those weird
monster high dolls, some other things...she's gonna flip. gonna be a great time.

hope everyone has a good christmas week and new years.

Reaction score
PICS of these floor mats please...I'm pondering a set would like to know how well they fit...you got carpet or vinyl floor?

I have carpet. I'll snap some pics in a bit when it gets light out. They're Lloyd Rubbertite mats (http://lloydmats.com/?page_id=98). Good traction, really good fit (really wide, so much so that they cut a hole for the high beam switch), but basically just a giant piece of rubber cut out to fit (no finished edges or anything like that). I really wanted a set of those Weathertech mats you see advertised everywhere, but they don't make blue ones.

Mike

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another trail camera to use on The Compound. A Primos Double Bull hunting blind that I can use to hunt with my 5 year old (deer, turky, preditors), a new CD player for my F250, supposed to be getting some new Justin boots. Not here yet. My current pair is 10 years old. LOL

Heath

Reaction score
Pics of the floormats, and the Dashmat just for the heck of it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought lunch with parents, got together with friends for dinner but the best was 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep. i was able to turn the phones over to someone else for the night. now that was a treat!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Aem dryflow air filter, pack of cut off wheels for my air cut off tool, pack of stone grinding wheels for die grinder, set of carbide grinding bits for die grinder, one of those small/compact hacksaws, a SWEET LED work light(that sucker is BRIGHT!!!!!), clear face shield for grinding and such, set of pickle forks for my air hammer, 1/2" drive snap-on ratchet wrench with the 15" long handle, craftsman 1/4" drive flex head ratchet. that was from mom and dad. from the rest of the family i got some money and got Battlefield 3 for my PC from my Grandma(need to find FAST internet so i can finish installing the game lmao).

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I went to my best friend of 35 years house. He has a 7 month old little girl, a well behaved yellow lab, a wife that is from the heavens above and great parents that are still happily married in this day and age. His Dad had recently battled cancer with good results and it was just a treat to see him and his family just absolutely doing well. I was treated with a pork **** stuffed with spinach, potatoes and corn bread, all home made. This was the first time I visited his place during the holidays and what a surprise it was, a page out of a story book.:angel:

I also have my kids for the week, another present in itself. I took the 2 girls to stay in Delaware with my Dad and step mom. He sold his house in NC to move closer to me, his grand children and other family so I thought it would be best to take advantage of the move during the holidays.

I'm at the point that my children are growing fast. They are only young for a little while and the time needs to be taken advantage of.