So what did you do with your truck today?

Socal88

Reaction score
Been have problems with my WTS light and relay clicking away, and figured I would repair or replace before it got too cold and it was winter soooo.......Today was the day and decided to install a manual GP controller, what an easy install thanks to the write up in the IDI TECH section and photos.http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?8776-7-3L-Glow-Plug-Controller-Bypass-Proceedure Works just like they said WTS light comes on and starts right up. The rest of the day is football and beer not necessarily in that order.;Sweet

Last edited:

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Drilled & tapped exhaust manifolds for - and installed EGT probes. Cleaned, trimmed & re-bent cable guide at front main ground stud on block, then cleaned and re-installed starter cables and new block heater cord. Fabbed a very short jumper out of a piece of spare battery cable from regular solenoid to new solenoid for new push button GP's & wired new GP harness in. Installed brass block-tee (finally) with fittings for hose barb to IP and installed new fuel hose, fuel pressure gauge fitting and reducer from shut off valve. New hose on vacuum pump. Notched center hole of new 3- gauge dash pod to accept Auber Instruments square dual digital EGT gauge & fabbed a black cover-plate to hide the fact, also installed boost gauge and vacuum gauge in pod. Removed old redundant voltage regulator and rerouted / organized wires behind passenger battery.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they don't weigh anything and don't rust.what did you replace 'em with?

16 ga stainless steel.
the extra 10 pounds a side wont hurt the performance.
plus i want a clean engine compartment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Squeaky clean.

But, Scrubbing it out revealed this....

And I'm by no means a body man....Apparently, The back goes all the way across and has holes. The front appears to be just that corner. I'll have to crawl under later to see.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huntin Truck back from paint. Installed sound damping material. Used 8 rolls of this.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Finished and tested manual GP switch and tested GPs. Mounted a new front bumper (some welding required).

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
New poly bushings, to bare metal, painted,new teflon pads installed and greased, new clamp bolt and spacer, new center pin. Same with shackle. One down one to go. Then I get to replace rad support brackets and do poly body mount bushings. Wouldn't be surprised if the crossmembers need patching too. This rust belt crap is why I'm OCD about taking everything I pull apart to bare metal and painting. PITA but only way anything lasts more than a couple years.

As a side note the energy suspension leaf spring bushings vary in OD more than .010". Some were loose in spring and some were snug. Small variance from one eye to other so laid out the bushings from smallest to largest OD and picked appropriate size bushings. Not sure it matters as they protrude past the sleeve so will likely compress and tighten up a little when torqued.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Did some towing today.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member