So what did you do with your truck today?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Brought another one home

I wasn't planning on it, but for the $300. price tag, I couldn't not buy it.

You must be registered for see images attach

The story:

So there I was minding my own business looking at Kijiji to see what I might get for a 1986 F-250 4x4 with a 6.9. I'm going to sell it because I have too many vehicles. :rolleyes: I came across a 1997 F-250 4x4 with a ZF-5 with no engine for $500. I replied to the ad with an email. No reply. Next day I refresh the ad thinking that it had already been sold. It is now at $300.! I phoned. No answer. I texted. No reply. The next morning I get up and check my email aroung 9:30 and there's a reply. "Several people want this parts truck first come gets it 9am-530 thanks." I think great, its probably gone. I have breakfast and think, it's close, maybe I should just check. After loading the tow bar, tow lights, and tools in the truck, I headed out. It's about 10:20 now. Lo and behold, the parts truck is still there!

It had been bought by a transportation company that wanted it just for the engine. They took the engine out and put it in one of their passenger vans. The old van engine got put in the box of the parts truck. So I got a 7.3 PSD engine in pieces, but it needs a rebuild. They just wanted the parts truck gone. I was really surprised no one else jumped on it.

I gladly paid them $300. Dropped the bumper, hooked up the tow bar and lights, and drove off with it like a bandit. :sly

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The story:

So there I was minding my own business looking at Kijiji to see what I might get for a 1986 F-250 4x4 with a 6.9. I'm going to sell it because I have too many vehicles. :rolleyes: I came across a 1997 F-250 4x4 with a ZF-5 with no engine for $500. I replied to the ad with an email. No reply. Next day I refresh the ad thinking that it had already been sold. It is now at $300.! I phoned. No answer. I texted. No reply. The next morning I get up and check my email aroung 9:30 and there's a reply. "Several people want this parts truck first come gets it 9am-530 thanks." I think great, its probably gone. I have breakfast and think, it's close, maybe I should just check. After loading the tow bar, tow lights, and tools in the truck, I headed out. It's about 10:20 now. Lo and behold, the parts truck is still there!

It had been bought by a transportation company that wanted it just for the engine. They took the engine out and put it in one of their passenger vans. The old van engine got put in the box of the parts truck. So I got a 7.3 PSD engine in pieces, but it needs a rebuild. They just wanted the parts truck gone. I was really surprised no one else jumped on it.

I gladly paid them $300. Dropped the bumper, hooked up the tow bar and lights, and drove off with it like a bandit. :sly

gotta love our addiction!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck;
wash,vac,armorall
front end greased.
fluids checked.
recently my serp belt came off due to a failed idler pulley.i thought belt was ok but it was squalling really bad.looked close and i see it was nicked a bit.so replaced that today too.quieted right down.much better.so i tucked the old one down in by the jack (where someone tucked a spare in log truck too) so now iv got a spare.it'll squeal but get me home if needed lol.

log truck;
emptied the bed.
front end greased.
fluids checked.
jb welded my pipe back into the pressure chamber.should last for a while i hope until i can take them off both trucks and have a piece of aluminum pipe i bought,welded on for a correct fix.it's been ok in chip truck but i think i reamed the hole out a bit too much on log trucks so the pipe slides out easy.hopefully i got enough jb weld on it to least make it though tomorrow.LOL

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 17
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 24

Socal88

Reaction score
Finished the gauge pod, wiring and mounted down the consul. All that's left is hooking up the gauge senders.

Attachments

• IMG_2054[1].jpg
    IMG_2054[1].jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2049[1].jpg
    IMG_2049[1].jpg
    723 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The story:

Don't they still hang horse-thieves up there ;) ? Between the tranny, and even if a few of the "externals" (injs, HPOP, etc) on the motor are good, this is def. the deal of the day. Gotta love how the suspension has that "ohhh, my engine's in the wrong end...." sorta look.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
log truck;
jb welded my pipe back into the pressure chamber.should last for a while i hope until i can take them off both trucks and have a piece of aluminum pipe i bought,welded on for a correct fix.it's been ok in chip truck but i think i reamed the hole out a bit too much on log trucks so the pipe slides out easy.hopefully i got enough jb weld on it to least make it though tomorrow.LOL

that did the trick.snap quick 10+ lbs of boost and 900 EGT peaks.......oh how nice it is to have power.;)
banks + intercooler + 5.13 = smiles.:D

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
installed a moose ip in chip truck;
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ew-to-me-truck-pic-heavy)&p=868586#post868586

just got her dialed in and test driving.impressive!i just went and pulled a couple very steep hills here empty.she really gained some balls.:D
i thought i was going to need the smoke puff limiter this last run.i just got back and i see my cowl induction came undone.that explains why she was more smoky.sucking in hot engine bay air.iv got to straighten up my hoses/clamp it better and should be back to burning much cleaner.i wont know for sure if the smoke puff limiter is needed until i load up probably.i almost just want one for fun now though cus this stuff is addicting!:D

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha yeah im very conservative on EGT's.i don't like anything past 900F @ the up pipe......though banks states 1050 is a safe max......pretty sure iirc.i should have that pic i pulled from the install instructions still.............

Attachments

• banks sidewinder operating characteristics.JPG
    banks sidewinder operating characteristics.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 57

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, ive fixed 50% of the PSD this morning,
taking a quick break outside this morning i outlined where i think i will install my 2014 badges.
almost where they would be on a 2014 F350

i picked up the proper torque wrench this morning so i can de-torque my rod and main caps.
(i wanna see what they are set at)
most likely not needed, but what the hell.

hopefully the journals and bearings are as good as the cylinders and pistons!

and the powder coater has IH gray;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance