So what did you do with your truck today?

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it camping Friday night up a tight ravine, came out Saturady went to cross a drainage ditch in a field, chose the wettest spot and got it stuck. Pulled it out with another ford diesel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fired it up, moved it a truck length back, mowed where it was, then moved it back.

Still love the IDI sound.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Cleaned off my serial number. Does this mean I have the weak block?
You must be registered for see images

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loaned my truck to my Son, his DDDDDOOOOOOGE broke down, something about a rattle in the engine.:rotflmao

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Cleaned off my serial number. Does this mean I have the weak block?

Unfortunately, yes. The serial number break was 59209.

Casting #
1805440C1 Old 6.9L Block Serial numbers to 59208
1807996C1 New 6.9L Block Serial numbers from 59209 up

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got the windshield replaced in the PSD. Still drive it around as my DD.

I'll probably tinker with my IDI this weekend.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what glass was used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever was supposed to be there. I took it into Apple Autoglass. It has the blue strip along the top if that makes a difference. Its got warranty against defects, bad workmanship and leaks for as long as I own the truck.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Nothing yet.

Going to see what my BIL wants for this.
07/83 build
6.9/t19/bw tcase.
10.25/d50 like mine.
Cab is in MUCH better condition than mine but reeks of mouse ****. Looks like no mouse damage though. Floors are solid(NO rust holes that I could see), door sills are solid, cab corners are somewhat rusty, front cab corners look like they have some rust but I think (hope) its just the fenders. The motor has a large coolant leak somewhere. Thinking cracked block or something.
Still has oem radiator and other good parts.
No ac or power. Doesn't bother me, but I bet I could swap stuff from the black truck.
5 digit odo shows 75k.
Would be a good candidate for a cab swap, or maybe just throw my motor in this body. Not sure if I want the 4 speed. It has the same 1:1 final drive as my c6.
Think he paid 500 for it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

bigtex

trial and error
Reaction score
It took so long due to swapping in my g codes, contemplating on swapping the serp crap cuz I wasnt sure on the 3g stuff and lastly doing it by myself until my friend mike showed up at 1130 pm. I started working at 3pm on friday and didnt stop to rest. I was back on the road officially at 830 am

The old 6.9 was burning oil and I was tired of constantly monitoring it. When I pulled the injectors, the numer 1 was covered in oil, not coated but dripping. Just the one, I contemplated re ringing it but the kit was 579 bones and this 7.3 was 300, obvious choice. The donor came from a 93 and the guy babied it, engine also had 73k on it. I added some sca additives in the coolant, delo 400 and 50/50'd the fuel with diesel and atf to do a cleaning phase for the engine. My only gripe it that the belt sqeaks at/above 2100 rpm. The idle pulley on the tensioner is suspect, Im gonna try to replace the wheel cuz the "tensioner" itself has plenty of tension so to speak.

Last edited:

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost all of my injector caps started leaking recently, so i bought a fuel return kit from Mel. When I started removing the old stuff, i noticed it was the exact same thing. So I called the guy I bought the truck from and asked him where he got the return line kit from. "Some diesel shop in Pennsylvania" I knew it. So I just replaced the o rings, left the lines and caps alone, and its working great, all leaks are gone.