So what did you do with your truck today?

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Installed a custom crossmember in front of the axle on my F350, the old one was rusted out & I Installed my new custom aluminum fuel tanks.

Starting on the new fuel hose setup tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed a custom crossmember in front of the axle on my F350, the old one was rusted out & I Installed my new custom aluminum fuel tanks.

Starting on the new fuel hose setup tomorrow.
Love the “mini semi” style

Are you still using FSV or since the tanks are at the same level are you just drawing and returning from both?

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Love the “mini semi” style

Are you still using FSV or since the tanks are at the same level are you just drawing and returning from both?
It's a black diesel setup, driver side is for D2, passenger side for wmo + keeping the old one as a tranfer tank with a 12v pump.

I Installed an ACDelco fsv but the return is going to the wmo tank.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed a new intermittent "clunk" noise which was NOT driveline related, just on braking and bumps. Hmm. Suspension?
Got home, walked around the truck, and noticed that the right rear fender liner in front was loose and flapping around including bumping that tire. So I fixed that... and it wasn't the problem! :dunno

Eventually I tracked it down to my subwoofer amplifier behind the passenger side of the bench seat. The mounting bracket I'd pop-riveted to the floor 4 years ago had worked loose, and the amp was swinging back and forth, bumping the seat back and the carpeted rear wall of the cab. Definitely not what I expected cookoo

Tomorrow in order to have enough room to work, I'll have to pull the seat out which I think is actually simple, only four nuts to remove, then figure out another mounting scheme for the amp. It's supposed to be 51 and sunny ;Sweet

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the seat. That bench is heavy! Only three bolts (the fourth had been either overtightened or was rusted in place and forced loose, because the weld nut on the cab floor was completely gone). I used a large fender washer, welded a 3/8" nut to it, but didn't feel energetic enough to move the MIG out to the truck and spot-weld that to the floor. Now there's four bolts. Hopefully the seat won't ever have to come out again :sly

Swapping the subwoofer amplifier took minutes, and this one fits on the floor under the seat. I also fixed the wire going to the passenger's sliding track latch which had been broken since I got the truck! Since I always keep the seat all the way back anyhow, I hadn't bothered... wrestling the seat back into the cab was really fun. ;Pissed
Anyway it works, but there is so little room behind the seat that either the speaker surround is hitting the cardboard seat back at full extension, or the speaker itself just can't hit hard enough. This amp can drive the single 10" at 300W or two at 500W so it's certainly not a lack of power - the old amp was only 100W. Guess I could get a shallow box for two 10" and drive them both!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I tested to see if the showerhead was still on the pick up in the front tank. I left my garage and stopped a couple of blocks away to see some friends. When I was leaving, I started the engine and noticed the fuel gauge after I turned on the lights. It was in a down hill position, but the needle still was right above the empty on the gauge. Apparently the showerhead is still in the right place. :dunno :Thumbs Up

swald

Reaction score
...Apparently the showerhead is still in the right place. :dunno :Thumbs Up
Is it the same one that goes in the rear tank? If so where'd you get it? I've dilly dallied long enough and just need to complete the task

swald

Reaction score
Can't complain about that price...as long as it stays intact for at least a few years.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score

New harbor freight product on the right that’s helpful, 2500lb dolleys. Previously the 1500lb on the left were the heaviest duty. They would last me a couple years moving trucks around without bending but the ones the right should be solid.
The ones on the right say 2.5 ton (which is 5000 lb). Is that each, per pair, or total for a set of four?