So what did you do with your truck today?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 my truck goals for 2021: put on the good fenders and new wheel arches that i have along with getting it painted the original Dark Shadow Blue Metallic color. for some of you that may seem easy but i am not a body work guy, the problem that i have is i procrastinate too much and i want it to look perfect. i want to put in a sliding back window that i have and i also want to get Line-X sprayed in the bed. i want to get to 200k, i will probably find some more "gotta have it" stuff at the junkyard

not really truck related, but i hope to get a Diesel Mechanic job soon, its tough cause i dont have any diesel job experience beside Vo-tech school. i also hope i can get to meet some of you guys from eastern PA and NJ

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 my truck goals for 2021: put on the good fenders and new wheel arches that i have along with getting it painted the original Dark Shadow Blue Metallic color. for some of you that may seem easy but i am not a body work guy, the problem that i have is i procrastinate too much and i want it to look perfect. i want to put in a sliding back window that i have and i also want to get Line-X sprayed in the bed. i want to get to 200k, i will probably find some more "gotta have it" stuff at the junkyard

not really truck related, but i hope to get a Diesel Mechanic job soon, its tough cause i dont have any diesel job experience beside Vo-tech school. i also hope i can get to meet some of you guys from eastern PA and NJ
Where did you get your new fender liners? And are you going to Harry's u pullit in Allentown for parts since you are in Macungie? I have a Harry's near me but no IDIs in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 it is the metal outer fender, not an inner liner, i bought them off of a guy i used to work with at my summer job. it is an oringinal pair from an f-150 that i have sanded down and primed, no rust. i believe he got them from harrys, he sold me the fender pair for $30 and the rear wheel arches for $25. he was going to put them on his 1990 F-150 but he discovered the truck had frame rot and it could not pass inspection. so he sold the parts to me so i could use them instead of them sitting in his garage for a truck he couldn't drive.

i go to EZ Pull And Save in New Ringold, i can send you more info on them if you want. as of a couple weeks ago they had 3 IDI trucks and one IDI engine sitting out, i think it was from a van. the problem is that those IDIs get picked thru quick so it is one of those things that if you see it and you want it you have to grab it right away. they also have alot of bullnoses and bricknoses and OBS trucks there. they have heavy equipment and semi trucks and old cars and a small engine section too.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@miles1400 thanks for the suggestion I may be interested in medium duty stuff in the future so I'll keep that in mind

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What's everyone's 2021 goals for their trucks?
My goals are to fix the oil leak on the Blue Truck, get the A/C working, and finally get the turbo put on. For the Ex Wife, my goal is to get it running and driving.

not really truck related, but i hope to get a Diesel Mechanic job soon, its tough cause i dont have any diesel job experience beside Vo-tech school.
One positive that may help you out here is that you have some knowledge of doing something to diesels besides staring at a computer to try to figure out what's wrong with it. Don't give up.

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
My goals for 2021,are to get my trucks completely rust repaired and rust proofed.I have to pull the interior out of both trucks and weld in new floor boards,then undercoat the trucks.My 250 has wheel arches and quarter panels on order,which I will weld in then fix some dents and match the paint.I would like to get my mid fuel tank hooked back up as well,since the PO bypassed,but I believe it is only the pick up. I am also in the process of installing a 7 way trailer connector on the 250,since that was cut up for some reason and the brake controller was disconnected.The GPs just went out on the 250,so I am waiting for those to get here as well.The 1600 will hopefully be getting that dt360 engine swap,then get setup for towing.I am York county PA,so I ain't all that far from @miles1400 and @Hacked89.I hear there are some nice U-pulls up there by allentown.I don't get there much,but my neighbor used to run trucks through there everyday,and would occasionally stop in.

Rock

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock there probably was some good u pull its in Allentown back in the day when older vehicles were in the yards. the nice thing about harrys is they have an online inventory but they dont have alot off older trucks compaired to new ringold. i guess it also depends on what part of the state you are in aswell, where i am it seems like i have the only IDI around. i bet the harrys location in Allentown is full of rice rockets, and if you would go to any junkyards by philly it would probably be even worse lol

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
@Farmer Rock there probably was some good u pull its in Allentown back in the day when older vehicles were in the yards. the nice thing about harrys is they have an online inventory but they dont have alot off older trucks compaired to new ringold. i guess it also depends on what part of the state you are in aswell, where i am it seems like i have the only IDI around. i bet the harrys location in Allentown is full of rice rockets, and if you would go to any junkyards by philly it would probably be even worse lol
Yeah,I know what you mean.The only IDIs I ever see are cab and chassis fleet trucks and even those are far and few between.I am south central,about 10 miles to the Mason Dixon Line.Like I said,I don't get up in that area much,so you are probably right about the yards being jam packed with rice rockets.The couple yards around me are full of subarus more than anything,and it's ridiculous trying to find good IDI parts in a yard.I think they are also starting to scrap the vehicles older than 2000 for some reason.I have been hearing that most yards are doing that unfortunately.

Rock

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock what you described is how I started my whole fixing and modding the truck project.. "Oh let me just back her in to weld in new floor pans, ahh look now I see why the cab is tilted it needs new front cab mounts, well I welded this much why not new rockers and cab corners, I do want to tow with it so why not drop the gas tanks and patch the frame where needed, if I'm gonna drop the tanks I might as well swap the flat bed for a regular bed I want, since the interior is all apart its easy to get the transmission so why not do a 5spd swap I want, well I like pulling the engine and transmission together so why not reseal the engine and do a quick valve job, if the motors out why not turbo, etc etc etc... "

Throwback to the last day she moved on her own haha
You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
@Farmer Rock what you described is how I started my whole fixing and modding the truck project.. "Oh let me just back her in to weld in new floor pans, ahh look now I see why the cab is tilted it needs new front cab mounts, well I welded this much why not new rockers and cab corners, I do want to tow with it so why not drop the gas tanks and patch the frame where needed, if I'm gonna drop the tanks I might as well swap the flat bed for a regular bed I want, since the interior is all apart its easy to get the transmission so why not do a 5spd swap I want, well I like pulling the engine and transmission together so why not reseal the engine and do a quick valve job, if the motors out why not turbo, etc etc etc... "

Throwback to the last day she moved on her own haha
You must be registered for see images attach

Yup,I hear you.I have been there,but the truth is,if your gonna do something,you might as well take the time and do it right,and it's all worth it in the end.I am sure there will be some unexpected finds when I start digging into them,but it will bring me that much closer to having dependable trucks that will last,so it's worth it:Thumbs Up

Happy new year's folks:yell::party:

Rock

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 Goals this year are to put a flat bed with headache rack on the truck. While bed is off, make the fuel system perfect. Plan to add doors above sending units for access. If dad and I have time, pull all the dents out, remove the trim, patch holes, and paint. I also want to redo the wiring harness. Probably going to need a brake booster and some clutch work this year.

I would like to paint the wheels and find hub caps.

Need to install my trailer plug too! List goes on.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Scotty4 sounds like a good time for hydroboost

Yes yes... the wife did say no more project trucks until Betsy is perfect so. My uncle works with a ford truck collector. He hooked me up with the missing trim piece so I may talk to him, see if he has a hydroboost kicking around.

I installed a new MC and booster, calipers, and drum kits/shoes, when I bought it but I found my low vacuum is at the booster.

Was an Oriellys reman.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Played with my batteries some more after work, they were at 12.4 and 12.7 volts. This time the GP relay didn't act weird, and the starter engaged but didnt turn the engine or make a horrid racket. Put the jump box on and that got the starter going enough to turn the engine a few degrees, but not a full rotation before it gave up and made that racket again.

Gonna try and warranty these batteries on monday, my charger thinks they're fine but my truck seems to disagree.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Voltage level is probably fine, but they lost all their oomph.