So what did you do with your truck today?

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my exhaust came out before my rear wheel, it has always been coated black. Tried pressure washing nothing worked, I tried zep cleaner from homedepot, also did my exhaust tip, worked really well, will have to pull the wheel off to get it better.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I finally had to go get my spray rig to spray my yard. Between wind and rain, I just hadn't gotten around to it this year. Now for the difficult part. Somehow, I got into some ethanol gas despite my best efforts to avoid it. I had to clean the carb. The float bowl was full of water. In fact, I could barely smell any gas. I was already draining the tank by this point. I'm lucky enough to be able to remove the throttle cable, loosen everything up, and rotate the carb far enough to remove the bowl without pulling the carb off. It only took me about an hour to get it running again.

Attachments

• 102_4495.JPG
    102_4495.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 4

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to get a load of compost for the garden. While there the drivers window rolled down and wouldn't come up again. Pulling the door panel showed this marvel of duct tape weaving protecting the failed scotchlok splice some previous owner made to replace the power window motor. On the bright side, I didn't have to order anything and just fixed it by putting in a decent splice. Next I need to figure out why my parking brake pedal won't stay latched.

Attachments

• 20240420_120449.jpg
    20240420_120449.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 8

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, love driving mine.
It`s been down since the 17th, (4 whole days)
Iam having with drawls.

I have a fuel leak from the front tank, so decoded to finally pull the bed to take a lookie at it. Getting good at it, 4th time with the Cherry Picker.

Did the Fast Fill vent mod to both tanks. So not a problem with the front tank, it vents good, think I didn`t have the 3/4" plastic pipe fitting screwed all the way down into the rubber Grommet for the Roll Over valve. (I guess) Removed it, cleaned the threads and the grommet, threw on some Rector Seal (maybe it will work :dunno). Screwed it back together.

At the rear tank I here this low SSSS sound and it`s at the Fuel Cap. Remove Cap and PSSSSSCH pressure in tank from sun shinning on it. Well DUMAZ here eliminated the Vent Hose from the Roll Over valve, but has been running ok for past 3 year or what ever it is.
I plumbed the front tank to be a transfer tank for the rear tank, and have a small electric pump on the Frame by the front tank, I was wondering why fuel was starting to drip from the Pump. Pressure from rear tank, pressurized the fuel line.

Now I have a 3rd brass barbed fitting pointing to the rear of the Fill Tube for my Vent Hose.
Removed the Plastic Bucket the Fill Tube bolts to. Washed it up, bolted a 1" X 1/8" inch flat Aluminum bar to it pointing straight up the side with 2 1/4" Bolts. 6 or 7" long.
Ran the Bolts from inside bucket, put a drop of red Lock Tite. Then used 2 of the hose clamps with the rubber on them to secure the 3/8" hose with a Diff vent thingy stuck in it.
Used couple 1/4" Ny Lock nuts to hold the clamps the the Bar. It sits a few inches higher than the bucket up between the bed panels, so is a clean area for the vent.

Today finish up a few things and tomorrow drop the bed back on and button things back up.

Washed the crap off both tanks, scrubbed up the frame etc.... to pretty things up,

Wed we are heading out for a trip to Baker, Or. heading out of Carson City I-80 east to Winnemucca, Nv, then north into Idaho and back into Oregon. Going to a Wedding.

Goat

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'll wave when you're by, baker city is far from where I am :cheers:

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
Picked up this high milage honey a couple weeks back. I’ve been topping things up. Oil change, flush the cooling system, dropped the tranny pan, new filter and fluid, pressure washed the underside.

Summit delivered new springs, body bushings, I beam bushings, rear spring shackles and mounts.

Bed comes off in the next few days (building a service bed).

Glad I found y’all.

Attachments

• E1662501-CB14-4756-AF6D-E8F30401D951.jpeg
    E1662501-CB14-4756-AF6D-E8F30401D951.jpeg
    672.4 KB · Views: 5

brownidi

Reaction score
Treated my dog Jack to a ride in the "big truck" this afternoon. He doesn't have many rides left. He came to us a ?five? year old rescue and stole everyone's heart. I would take him to the skilled nursing facility where my Mom spent her final days. He has a soft mouth so I didn't have to worry about all of the food offerings that came his way. Over time he knew every file cabinet in the building that had treats.

One of the things I enjoyed doing with Jack was to get stories out of the residents. I would sit with him near the nursing station and have him by my feet. Once I was sure that the residents were fine with him I would take him off leach. He would sit next to one of the residents and just chill. Again I would wait. Eventually I would go over and kneel next to Jack. I would look up into the eyes of the resident, "I bet you had a dog when you were kid?" Their eyes would light up and they described dog after dog of their childhood. Family dogs, neighbors dogs, uncles dog, and that would get other residents talking. I could duplicate this over and over on every unit in the building.

Jack was also good for the staff and nurses. They were busy with their work but Jack could let all of them know that he had time for them. This was especially helpful if they had recently lost one of their dogs.

The "big truck" did its job today.

peter

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
Treated my dog Jack to a ride in the "big truck" this afternoon. He doesn't have many rides left. He came to us a ?five? year old rescue and stole everyone's heart. I would take him to the skilled nursing facility where my Mom spent her final days. He has a soft mouth so I didn't have to worry about all of the food offerings that came his way. Over time he knew every file cabinet in the building that had treats.

One of the things I enjoyed doing with Jack was to get stories out of the residents. I would sit with him near the nursing station and have him by my feet. Once I was sure that the residents were fine with him I would take him off leach. He would sit next to one of the residents and just chill. Again I would wait. Eventually I would go over and kneel next to Jack. I would look up into the eyes of the resident, "I bet you had a dog when you were kid?" Their eyes would light up and they described dog after dog of their childhood. Family dogs, neighbors dogs, uncles dog, and that would get other residents talking. I could duplicate this over and over on every unit in the building.

Jack was also good for the staff and nurses. They were busy with their work but Jack could let all of them know that he had time for them. This was especially helpful if they had recently lost one of their dogs.

The "big truck" did its job today.

peter

Few things in life can match the love of a good dog. Just wish their battery life was as long as ours. Sounds like he’s got a good human taking care of him.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my extended cab put back together, except the starter wouldn’t turn the engine over… the bendix doesn’t engage… so I fiddled with it awhile and determined that the starter is junk, gonna drop it off at Napa in the morning..

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wave when you're by, baker city is far from where I am :cheers:
We are going to be on the dry side of the State....LOL...I`ll have one for you...:drunk:

Sometime this Spring/Summer suppose to be at Silver Lake for Camping, where ever that is.
My daughter and family live in Tigard area, and SIL is a Fisher Man.

Sept going to Colorado Springs for another Ships Reunion, going to put a few miles on the old girl this year.
Ever heard of Dragon Man? We are going to see him. Put him on your to do list.

Few of his You Tube Vids

Goat

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
E4od?

I did a fluid change the other day. Internet claims 17 quarts of ATF. Seems high.

I added 12 and it’s reading really high on the stick.

I’ve not started the truck, it’s just been sitting in the driveway.

I have the shallow pan. Any of you fellas care to clear the mud from my eyes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance