So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, while I was walking home for lunch, i was thinking that the wind was really sharp and it was cutting through my coveralls. When I was taking everything off at home, I discovered the the front zipper had broken. It was at the top, but the teeth were all open. So that explained the chill in the nether regions. I decided to buy another pair after work. First, I finally got to pick up my repaired dually fenders so I tool the to my garage and sit them inside the Ex Wife (pictures in the build thread). Then I drove over to Orschlen and bought some new coveralls. I didn't do anything very exciting, but at least I got to go somewhere besides work and home.

Pictures or it never happened ahahhaha (kidding!)

I've also had that happen with buttons on uniform shirts. Now I wear a million layers

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today got around to sorting out more leaks but found more, the radiator may be a issue. The hose that came with this 7 year old cap kit was leaking leaking badly from the rear cross run and a front pass line was damp, the driver side is dry so not toutching yet. They had slight losse fit and looked cracked, guess got braded rubber hose.

You must be registered for see images attach

I got more of the nitrile push-loc hose, so should have no more leaks on that side. I could not think of a valid means to mount the cross where past me had it, so I move it to the front and tied it to the intake.

Was going to run both these lines all the way to the tank since are slowly dripping, but Im a muppet and did not bring the fittings with me. So the return is stuffed on the old fitting on the tank and will correct that tomorrow, sorry not pic.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you have sound systems in your trucks or not. I don’t consider mine a big system or anything. When I first got subwoofers I had a giant box with 2 12’s because it was free. Then I went to a little box with a 10. That was nice but I liked the 12 better. So I built this sealed box that fits perfectly behind the drivers seat for a 12. I’m really happy with it because the interior looks all organized and well out together now.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you have sound systems in your trucks or not. I don’t consider mine a big system or anything. When I first got subwoofers I had a giant box with 2 12’s because it was free. Then I went to a little box with a 10. That was nice but I liked the 12 better. So I built this sealed box that fits perfectly behind the drivers seat for a 12. I’m really happy with it because the interior looks all organized and well out together now.

I have had sub systems a long time ago, last was 4 bs 10s on the back deck of a mk3 golf. I still have the amp but got blown when let a friend use it, it shot the cone out of all 3 12s he was using and took the amp out with them. Not sure if will get the amp fixed and have another system, its not something im interested in currently. If was Id pull the back seat and make a transmission line box for one orion hcca 10, Im the type person if had something before the next needs to be bigger/better.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had sub systems a long time ago, last was 4 bs 10s on the back deck of a mk3 golf. I still have the amp but got blown when let a friend use it, it shot the cone out of all 3 12s he was using and took the amp out with them. Not sure if will get the amp fixed and have another system, its not something im interested in currently. If was Id pull the back seat and make a transmission line box for one orion hcca 10, Im the type person if had something before the next needs to be bigger/better.

That sounds like it does a bit better than mine. Haha.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have the lower part of my rear seat in the blue Truck raised 8" and have a single 10" slid underneath it. My setup won't win any audiophile contests, but it's the best setup that I've had. I like to keep my stuff fairly hidden from curious eyes.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I had a sub in my 250 Ext cab. I built an “L” shaped box that fit under the center console. It raised the console up to about even with the arm rests, and I had a single Kenwood 10” dual voice coil sub pointed directly at the back of the cab. I think it was some cheap 400 watt amp. I bought the sub, amp, and head unit at one of those traveling electronics sales that they had at the fairgrounds in Nashville. Pretty sure I had less than $300 bucks in it, but I liked it, and got a few compliments on the way it sounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the lower part of my rear seat in the blue Truck raised 8" and have a single 10" slid underneath it. My setup won't win any audiophile contests, but it's the best setup that I've had. I like to keep my stuff fairly hidden from curious eyes.

Years ago I had a sub in my 250 Ext cab. I built an “L” shaped box that fit under the center console. It raised the console up to about even with the arm rests, and I had a single Kenwood 10” dual voice coil sub pointed directly at the back of the cab. I think it was some cheap 400 watt amp. I bought the sub, amp, and head unit at one of those traveling electronics sales that they had at the fairgrounds in Nashville. Pretty sure I had less than $300 bucks in it, but I liked it, and got a few compliments on the way it sounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subs really are nice for any music. They let the smaller speakers focus more on the higher notes where they work better. I’m really happy I put some in here

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subs really are nice for any music. They let the smaller speakers focus more on the higher notes where they work better. I’m really happy I put some in here

Some the softer music they go a bit low, a full component set would do better there. You would do better there with like 2x5 horn tweeters under the dash, true mids in place of the factory ones and 2 8in woofers at opposite sides of the cabin low somewhere in true steero.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some the softer music they go a bit low, a full component set would do better there. You would do better there with like 2x5 horn tweeters under the dash, true mids in place of the factory ones and 2 8in woofers at opposite sides of the cabin low somewhere in true steero.

My truck is lacking as far as speakers go. It’s got 2 5x1/4’s in the doors and that’s it. I really want to find a spot for 6x9’s

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too. Of course the Ex Wife will have a better sound system. Bigger cab = more speakers.:Thumbs Up
I would absolutely love a crew cab. I’m not a big guy for brick nose trucks, but there was one for sale when I was looking for a truck. It was a 91 f350 4x4 with a 7.3, zf5 and a banks sidewinder. I really wish I jumped on it. He wanted like 5 grand and it had 200k on it but was super clean. If I found that truck today I think I’d trade mine for it. I really wish I had a crew cab