So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some suspicions that my draft tube wasn’t set up right and was causing some oil issues. I was right!! I went and checked my oil today and it was obviously lower than yesterday. I’m going to go back to the regular cdr, as much as I thought the draft tube would keep everything nice under the engine, all it’s doing is letting oil physically leak out of it. My blow by isn’t even that bad either.

J Mark

Reaction score
Took the old girl to get a e test today... Failed.. 40mph opacity was 42%.. need to clean the air filter and dose the tank heavy with diesel kleen I guess.. last year it was 20% the year before it was 7% year before that it was 16%. Made sure it was plenty hot and didn't sit too long before the test so kinda confused. Also the check engine light wouldn't shut off, my oil pressure gauge is erratic so it flickers off and on going to put a new sending unit in and that should take care of that for a while.

Hope it passes, not in a spot to buy something else or shell out money to get it fixed, plus I can't get a day off work so I don't have time either....

Just failed an opacity test myself after putting a new air filter in - gonna run some Stanadyne through mine and go back after a couple of tanks. I'd be curious to hear how yours does on a retest after the kleen...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do much with mine. I drove to Orscheln to replace the turnbuckle that decided to abandon ship from the camper last Friday. It was gone within the first 40 miles. The camper rode fine though. While I was there, I also picked up another 5 gallon bucket of Delvac since it was on sale with a mail in rebate. The blue Truck needs an oil change while the Ex Wife will need some fresh oil sooner or later.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck related or lack there of.. Been spinning up a big project at work since the 1st so working 12-14 hours a day during the week and weekends.. Plus I decided it was a smart idea to do my masters full time. Enjoying zero fun activities or project time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pafixitman

Reaction score
I (hopefully) will be starting my truck later today. First time in...who knows. Finally got off my a$$ and will be heading to @laserjock house this weekend to replace injectors, returns, heater delete and time it. Since I have known air issue he talked me into making my wallet lighter and we will also be doing e-pump, hard line deletes.

Sadly I cannot locate the box that has my new filter (also my uninstalled coolant filter set up:cry:) so the wife is on a mission this morning. I guess this is what happens when you order parts in December 2017 don't install them and then move. Oddly enough I have been gun shy of wrenching on the truck by myself. Been 12 years since I really did any work on an IDI

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a new windshield put it. I had already pulled the chrome and wipers and scraped all the silicone I used as a bandaid. Only took him 20 minutes and $250. Had a mirror bracket on it already and he gave me a free mirror. Only downside is the black fancy edge has a cutout for the vin in the wrong spot.

Polishing the chrome tomorrow and she'll be good as new!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only downside is the black fancy edge has a cutout for the vin in the wrong spot.

Sounds like you got glass for a 87-97 maybe. I don't know if they were the same but I know the location changed at least once since 86.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last week I hauled my Dad's car to a shop to get a coolant line replaced, because I'm so far behind here it's not funny, and I figured he'd want it before Christmas.

They called him on Tuesday saying "no leak, $70 for diagnostics"...

So we emailed them this picture that I had taken previously of the leak. View is from the wheel well with the tire and plastic removed. (Notice the visible drip on the line).

You must be registered for see images attach

So today they called him back and said "It's not leaking, but if you really want it changed it'll be $500 (yes, $100 part and royal mess to get at).

So he went up and picked it up. I get a call a few minutes later "What kind of coolant should I buy, it's running pretty hot". A few more minutes and I get a call saying "it's pouring out as fast as I can pour it in"... :frustrate-cuss

They couldn't find the leak BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ANY COOLANT IN IT!!!!!!

So instead of going to bed early as planned (it's been a long week), I got to drive an hour each way to pick up his car.

He's going back tomorrow to get his money back but seriously how incompetent can you be? I would like to park it in their showroom. It wouldn't solve anything, but I'd feel better -cuss